When It Rains (Lui)

Start from the beginning

He didn't give up.

Every single day he would come by like clockwork, knocking on your door at asking you to train him. At first you tried ignoring him, or pretending like you weren't home, but he'd sit patiently on the small stairs and wait for you to open up your front door and hear his request. Then, after having learnt his pattern, you made sure to be out of the house when he'd visit. That too was no use. You would come back home, and he'd be sitting there, waiting. No matter the hour or the weather, he'd wait out there until you heard him out, and after your prompt refusal, he would nod simply and take his leave.

An exasperated sigh worked its way through you, something that had quickly become a second nature to you in the past month. Fully aware of the predicted rain and hoping that it would be enough to deter him, you had gone into town and spent the day curled up in your favourite corner of the local library. Hours had flown past you, and by the time the librarian had approached you for the closing hour, you were surprised to realise it was 5:00PM.

Stepping outside, you immediately put up your umbrella, thankful for your choice to bring it with you just in case. The sky was turning dark much quicker than usual with the addition of the angry looking storm clouds that loomed menacingly over head, crackling and rumbling as it threatened to break. With the promise of a storm on the horizon, you hurried home on foot, living only fifteen minutes away from the library despite your home being tucked away amongst the forest that bordered the quaint little town.

The journey was a quick one, but the rain already begun to pour by the time your house was in sight, your boots soaked and ruined from the great puddles you had been forced to step in. Your sense of urgency was replaced by one of exasperation and disbelief, as you caught sight of Lui Shirosagi sitting in the rain.