Understanding Pt.1 (Clio)

Requested by: DeltaKurenai

This is my first time writing for a request, but all the same, I hope you like it😁

P.S. Why do people hate on Clio? He is an adorable cinnamon roll who needs hugs and ugh, I want one of his capes.

Before we begin, there are a few things I need to say.

1. I am so sorry for the delay in writing this, something came up and these last few days have revolved around that.

2. I've focused more on the ADHD aspect of hyperactivity, as well as a few other elements.

3. Please be kind with comments, especially regrading how I have written the reader in this. ADHD is different for every individual who has it, there are aspects and traits that are of course shared, but everyone had a different experience regarding it. ADHD is something that I have, and I will fully admit that I have drawn on some of my own experience in writing this request. Hateful and/or insensitive comments will not be tolerated from anyone.

4. This will be a 3 Part story, it was a little difficult to write, as Clio isn't a largely featured character. I've done what I can and I hope it pleases.

Thank you, and please enjoy. 😊

"Shade Serphix with a Burst finish!"

You held up your hand, thrusting your fist victoriously into the air.

"Take that, Daigo." You cheered, bouncing on the balls of your feet. "I told you I'd win!"

You had barely finished speaking, when the doors flew open and a shadowy figure stepped through. He was pale skinned, with spiky grey hair and diamond face paint. A cloak was clasped at his throat, and beneath, he was dressed quite smartly, his pointed teeth protruded slightly and gently poked into his full lower lip.

"Is that a... vampire?" One of the boys behind you gulped.

He introduced himself as Clio Delon, your team's newest recruit, a statement confirmed by your BeyTrainer, Marie. Behind you, the others shivered. So what if he looked like a vampire? He seemed pretty cool, not to mention he was kinda cute...

You were snapped from your reverie, as Marie called you out. Confused, you glanced over at her, and noticed Daigo, Ruck, Jean and Allan clustered behind you.

This happened sometimes, a blank space appeared in your mind when you were completely focused on something or spaced out. You'd then come back to the present, and realise everything that had been happening around you at that time had been simply erased from your mind, as if it hadn't even happened.

"Ah, (Y/N), thank you for volunteering to battle Clio. " Marie said from behind her fan, and you gave her a small smile of thanks, for subtly telling you what you had missed. But then, what she said sunk in, and you spun around to glare at your teammates.

"Cowards," you hissed, hurt that they had used one of your 'quirks' against you, so they would not have to take on your vampiric recruit. Ruck, Allan and Jean stepped inconspicuously behind Daigo, who gulped nervously at your ire.

Muttering under your breath, you turned back to your opponent. "Let's get this over with, meet Shade Serphix. It'll dance out of the darkness, only to drag you back with it. Call it a sword in the shadows, the last thing your Bey will see before I defeat it."

You clipped Serphix into your launcher, and Clio gave it a puzzled glance. You tensed momentarily, your usual paranoia surfacing when someone stared for too long at your Bey, only relaxing when the vampire boy said nothing.

"A worthy opponent," he acknowledged. "But look, as another figure emerges from the writhing shadows! The king of chaos! Bow down to Deep Caynox!"

Your eyes widened briefly in restrained awe, as you took in the mysterious yet elegant decoration that appeared to match the Bey to its owner. You shook your head and approached Clio, you needed to pull it in.

The two of you clasped hands firmly, and then went to stand at opposing ends of the stadium. You shrugged off the lingering glance Clio gave you, it made an unexpected shiver dance down your spine, although it was not unpleasant.

"Before we start the battle, there's something you should know."

You cocked your head. "Yeah, and what's that?"

"You see, Deep Caynox comes with a curse," Clio informed you, a secretive grin tugging at his lips. "Anyone who beats it is doomed to be haunted for the rest of their lives."

"Do you really think I'd believe that?" You asked disbelievingly. "You've had to have been beaten before, and you want me to think that whoever it was has been haunted? Haunted by what?"

Clio gave that little smile again, and you were quickly growing to detest the odd flutters that it was giving you. Perhaps you were getting sick? You'd have to go see a doctor soon.

"(Y/N)?" Marie called. "Are you ready to begin?"

"Huh? Oh, sorry." You apologised, feeling your cheeks heat as you realised that Clio was waiting for you.

"Three!"

"Two!"

"One!"

"Let it, rip!"

Clio jerked back, and an evil chuckle bubbled from his throat as he launched. Keeping to the basics, you merely focused on executing a strong launch against the Blader, who's strengths were as of yet unknown to you.

Caynox and Serphix flew into the stadium, and met head on in the centre. The two Beys pushed at one another, refusing to give up purchase, until Caynox skipped back.

Serphix spun past it, and ran into the edge of the stadium, before rotating along its previous path, to collide with Caynox once more.

"Already, you're doomed!" Clio declared, you narrowed your eyes at him, only to find he was laying on the floor, arms crossed over his chest. "Now prepare, to be faced with inevitable defeat!"

The sound of grinding metal brought your focus back to the task at hand, and you took in what had happened while your attention had strayed.

Caynox had claimed the centre, while Serphix attacked. Even though it was still going, you could see that your Bey was wavering, and Caynox was still spinning strongly.

Clio rose with ease, hands flying up as he grinned toothily. "Now, we drain Serphix of all its power!"

"What? No!" You snarled, but it was no use, and you were forced to watch as your Bey wobbled unsteadily, before slowing to a complete halt.

"Deep Caynox wins with a Survivor Finish," Jean stated loudly, a hint of disbelief creeping into his voice.

Marie chuckled in amusement, and Daigo, Ruck and Allan whispered between themselves.

"Can't believe it-"

"-stand a chance.

"-actually lost."

Face burning, you scooped up your Bey. You hadn't lost this badly in... ages. Always, you had been able to back up your big talk, sure and confident of your skills. While this time you had easily talked the talk, when it came down to walking the walk, you had made it no further than a shuffle.

"This doesn't count," you said, glaring at an unsuspecting Clio. The grey haired teen looked confused, and his pride at winning was quashed by the hurt that marred his adorable features.

"(Y/N)-"

You turned your death glare on your captain. "No, I didn't want to battle him in the first place. You lot threw me up there when you knew I had no idea what was going on."

"(Y/N), you need to calm down." Marie instructed, but you were having none of it.

"You're meant to be on my side here," you fairly spat.

"I am-"

"I'm not doing this," you muttered abruptly, before marching past everyone and opening the door, giving Clio one last look over your shoulder. "Welcome to the team."