For Hire (Shu)

Requested by: kim_mateajennie,

Sorry for the wait, I'm not sure if this is what you had in mind exactly, but I hope you like it. 😁

Enjoy!!

--xx Avanni Cinders

"Hang on, say that again." Shu said, holding up a hand to pause Valt's rambling.

His blue haired friend stopped and sighed, looking vaguely annoyed. "You've said that three times already!"

"I still don't think I get it." He shook his head.

"How can't you?"

"You're saying a H/C just came up to you?"

"Yes!" Valt nodded rapidly. "And she had these super scary eyes as well!"

"Scary how?"

"They were E/C."

"What's so scary about that?" Shu wondered, smiling faintly, thinking that maybe Valt was overreacting a little. "It's just a colour."

"You don't get it," Valt denied vehemently, his face white like he had seen a ghost. "They were so alert, but like this oblivion that looked right through me."

"That does sound kind of creepy," Shu admitted with a small frown, wondering what this mysterious girl could want with him. "Did she say anything else?"

"Just that she wanted to battle you."

That troubled Shu, although he couldn't quite figure out why. Admittedly, since finding himself, he had been taking a short break from Blading while he figured out what to do next, and since his arm had healed up, he had only actually taken on one person, a kid called Fubuki Sumiye, in a battle. It wasn't much of a secret by any means, so why this unknown person was looking for him was beyond him.

"Wait, you're not going to actually go through with this, are you?" Valt asked him, his face filled with concern for his friend.

"It depends." Shu shrugged nonchalantly.

"Just, don't go looking for her okay?" Valt implored, looking at him beseechingly. "Don't go looking for trouble Shu."

"I won't Valt," Shu promised him. "But if she finds me, I won't turn her down."

"Well, I guess..."

"What's her name anyway?"

"She said it was Y/N. Y/N L/N."