Happy Independence Day (2)

"Good morning y/n" I huffed sitting in the café. "What's wrong with you?"

"What do you think Lauren?" I raised an eyebrow. She chuckles "another year, another-"

"day of loneliness" I cut her off with a huff. She playfully rolls her eyes. "Y/n stop being over dramatic remember the day we met?" I nodded. "This exact spot"

"Yep just a year ago. And we had fun, we even made our own holiday" I chuckled "well actually I took it off the internet" she pushes my shoulder. "Look What I'm trying to tell you is to not to be so blue today it's just an ordinary Thursday."

She slides me an hot chocolate. "Besides I'm your valentine" I furrowed my eyebrows "what?"

She stands up and grab a medium sized pink bag. With a cute little pink bear in it along with a big pink and red heart shaped box.

I blushed at the brunette. "Oh my god Lauren you shouldn't have" her face turns a bright red.

Why is she blushing?

"I wanted too,You deserve it"

"I didn't get you anything"

"That's ok"

"No it's not I need to get you something" She quickly grabs my arm before I could even stand up. "Enjoy my gifts please" I smiled at her "ok"

Standing up I wrapped my arms around her. "Thank you so much Lauren."

"No problem"

"You want to order a heart shape pizza from dominos and watch sappy romantic movies?" I asked "actually I was thinking we should go out to eat tonight"

"Tonight?" She shyly nods "really? I thought you didn't like going out on Valentine's Day"

"Yeah I still do but today is different because I want to spend this day with you.....like a date" she bites her lips as my eyes widen. "You want to take me on a date?"

"I know it's weird because I'm your best friend or everything but this past year we've gotten closer and I'd like to maybe take things farther with us. If you want" her face was a bright shade of red. I chuckled "Of course I'll go on a date with you Lauren"
She smiles "really?"

"Yeah....let's take things further" I grabbed her hand "ok" we walked out the room café. "So we're not sticking to happy Independence Day?"

"Nah, thats our thing" she throws an arm over my shoulder as we turned a corner. "Well happy Independence Day Lauren"

"Happy Independence Day".....