Back Home

"How do I even know if she likes black girls? I have only seen her date Latinas and white girls" I asked Camila grabbed her smoothie and sipped on it. "For all, we know she can be racist" the brunette rolls her eyes. "Stop making up excuses and talk to her. Before I shout that you have a crush on her out loud."

I looked over at the girl who was glaring down at her laptop. She looked extremely frustrated. "She doesn't look like she's in a good mood" Camila looks over at the girl.

"Maybe you'll change her mood. Now stop procrastinating and go talk to her. You don't have to ask her out, the only thing you need to do is, get her to want to get to know you." I licked my lips "ok I'm going in" I stand up. "Wait!"

I stopped "What?"

"Wear that lip gloss that you always put on. It makes your lips look kissable. I mean I should know-"

"Don't bring up anything" She chuckles. I quickly applied my lip gloss and walked over to the girl who was writing something down in her notebook. It was clear she was studying.

"Hi" I spoke she didn't look up, she kept her head down. She didn't have her earphones in, so either she's ignoring me or I'm speaking to low. "Hey, Lauren?" I spoke louder.

She still didn't look up. I frown and looked over at Camila who gave me a thumbs up. I looked back at Lauren. Who was now typing on her laptop.

"Uh, do you mind if I sit here!" I knocked on the table. She looks up at me, she presses something on her ear. "Sorry What I didn't hear you?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. What did she press?"

"New earphones my dad invented. It looks like an earring which it is. But it's made for only you can hear the music no matter how loud it is" she chuckles pointing the black earring.

"I never saw those before"

"That's because it's not out yet. But um what did you need?"

"Oh, I just wanted to make a friend" she furrows her eyebrows "with me?"

"Yes?" She chuckles "why would you want to do that?"

I scratched the top of my head "because you seem like a cool person?" She raises an eyebrow. "Oh? Well, I can tell you I'm not. And unfortunately, I cannot be friends with you" I frowned as she pressed the earring and started humming to an unfamiliar song.

I looked down at my hands. I tapped the desk again. She presses her earring again. "Hmmm?"

"Why can't we be friends?"

"Because I'm not really into making human friends?"

She's weird.

She frowns.

But I can get used to that. I hang out with Camila every day.

"I never in my life met someone who isn't into making friends" She furrows her eyebrows. "Well you just met one"

"Look, Lauren, I really want to be your friend can you just give me a chance?" She sighs. "You seem like a very cool person y/n. But I'm moving today it would be dumb to make a friend that I can't see anymore." She shrugs before standing up and closing her laptop and grabbing her things. "Bye y/n" she walks away from me.

I frown before standing up and walking back over to Camila. "I'm guessing you didn't get her number?" I plopped down on the booth. "No, she doesn't want to be my friend or even get to know me"

"You don't know that?"

"Oh, I do because she told me. But also she's moving today so whatever. I'll find someone else crushes on. Maybe that girl that lives next door to you"