Chapterr 47

*Reid's PoV*

*Part 3* Saving my Mate

I woke up sometime around nine, the latest I had ever stayed asleep. I looked around, the room was the same, you wouldn't think anything had happened last night, except for the fact that my mate was laying completely naked right next to me. I took a moment to inhale her sweet aroma that was changed slightly; better if that was even possible. I kissed her head softly hoping not to wake her. She was here, how? I sat up putting my hands in my head and groaned out loud feeling slightly like an alcoholic who woke up with a severe hangover. I couldn't believe it, last night was something unreal. I wouldn't even have believed it except for the fact that the living proof was right here in my bed.

Her hair was plastered on her face and she had a tiny bit of drool hanging from the side of her mouth. Her eyes were closed and a slight smile was on her face. She looked so adorable and so innocent, she deserved a better guy for her.

I smiled sadly and wiped the drool from the corner of her mouth. I leaned in and kissed her. I was supposed to be protecting her, not sleeping with her. I was putting her in danger, and it would only get worse from here. She truly did deserve someone who wouldn't compromise her wellbeing as much as I did. I had been selfless enough to go away once, but I could never be so again. I was weak to her, I had always been.

I still couldn't believe I made love to her. We were fully mated now, connected to each other in every way. She carried my scent now, it was intertwined with her own, telling everyone she was mine. I wanted to do that for so long, the wait alone drove me crazy. But when I left, I pretty much resigned the notion of that ever happening. But then last night happened.

God, she knew how to get me. To make me completely and utterly hers. One year I spent away from her and in one night she was able to break me. With three simple words "I love you". She'd never uttered those words to me, not once when we were together and hearing them for the first time last night changed me. Not being with her could no longer be an option. Wherever I would go she would follow and she would utterly decimate me. Every wall I put up she would destroy, I would always and forever fall victim to her. And all she needed to do so were with three simple words.

Just then Cara moaned. "Reid." She mummered shifting from under my touch. She rolled away from me and I realized she was still asleep.

I needed to sleep now and worry about all problems later, but unfortunately for me my mind was not in a relaxed mood.

I took a deep breath and left the bed. Part of me was tempted to wake her up so we could talk, I had a lot of things to talk about with her. Another part of me couldn't even look at her. Because if I did she would surely disappear. I'd wake up and realize that it was a dream. I wasn't ready to wakeup yet.

My phone rang and I grabbed it. I didn't want to wake her. It was Matt. Things were starting to piece themselves together now. "Hello. I'm guessing you're the reason why she's here."

"I tried to convince her otherwise but she's very persuasive. You know that. How mad are you?"

I scoffed. He didn't even know. If only he could see what my persuasive little mate managed to get herself into last night."We'll talk about it later."

"Where is Cara? She didn't call us back last night? Does she need a ride back home?"

"She's here." I glanced back at her."No, she doesn't need a ride."

I could picture Matt smiling as he said, "Alright Reid, I'll tell Ashley she's in good hands."He laughed and then added this sly remark. "She is in good hands I presume right?"

"Goodbye Matt." I grimaced and hung up. I didn't know about the last part. Cara and I needed to talk, but first I needed to stock the fridge with food. I wanted to make sure she had all of her favorite breakfast foods. Even after a year, I still remembered what they were.