Chapter 33

Three days past when I got the call that Reid was coming home. It was soon but he assured me he was in better condition. He even wanted to drive home but I insisted on him taking a flight. I was going to meet him at the airport along with Matt.

Currently I was at Reid's house waiting for Matt to be ready. He was on the phone with Ashley and I was growing more impatient as the time progressed. I was anxious to see my mate; now I finally knew how Matt felt every time Ashley came to California.

"Alright I'll see you on Friday. Ash, I wish I could talk more but Cara looks like she's ready to kill me. Yeah, we are leaving now to pick up Reid. Okay, yeah I'll call you when I get home. I love you too. Bye." He hung up the phone and turned to stare at me.

I smiled."You guys are annoying but cute."I started to mimic their conversation.

"Eavesdropper." He accused.I stuck my tongue out at him. I hopped down from the chair I was sitting in and made my way to the door. I pulled my boots up and put on a coat. I may live in California but it was nearing February and it was getting colder.

"Ok I'm ready Matt.Let's go."I rocked back and forth on my heels. "It's a 45-minute drive and we have to get Max along the way and his flight will be almost here. Let's gooooo."

He rolled his eyes. "Women." He muttered to himself. "Nag way too much." He finished smiling to himself.

We picked up Max and headed back on the highway.Reid's flight was delayed for thirty minutes so we would get there in time.

A song Matt and Max knew came on the radio so they burst out into a song. I was breathless from laughing.Max's voice was not pretty in the slightest.I switched the station and they all yelled at me.

"Put it back." Max yelled from the back seat.

"Sorry Sorry." I put it back."My ears were ringing from how HORRIBLE your singing was."I started laughing again. They resumed singing and I bit my tongue.

When the song was over I switched it to a different station.

"So Max what did you do yesterday?" I lowered the radio to hear him speak."Clubbing?" I grinned.

He nodded smiling. "You should have seen the girl I brought home. One word HOT."

I rolled my eyes. "I can't wait for you to find your mate. I can't wait for a tame Max."

"You'll be waiting a long ass time then."Matt glanced back at Max and laughed.

"Ashley said she will feel sorry for whatever innocent girl stumbles along your path." I giggled as the visual image of a poor defenseless girl stumbling in the path of a wolf like Max flitted across my mind.

"Well Ashley can-" Max started but Matt was not having it.

"Watch what you say about my mate. I don't care that if we're on the highway, I'll drop your ass out on the road so fast you won't see it coming."Matt was smiling but I sensed a small undertone there.

"Whatever, so Cara are you coming with me next time? I've never had a wing woman before."

"Hmmmm. Sounds tempting, maybe. When should we go?"I'd never gone to a club before, despite Ashley and Lisa's insistence that it was fun. I needed to learn how to dance first.

"Whenever you want."

"Wait wait wait, before I sign on to this, what exactly does a wing woman do?" I was interested now.

"You give the impression to girls at the club  that I'm a nice guy with honorable intentions. Talk highly of me. " Matt and I cackled.

"So in other words lie." I shook my head. "Sorry you're on your own for that.  He rolled his eyes and messed up my hair.