Chapter 24

Four days have gone by and I still felt my being at this house was well passed expiration. It was already Wednesday, and downatairs Ashley getting ready for school. I saw her cramming for her trigonometry test all last night and I felt bad. I was completely useless, I couldn't help her because I wasn't good at math, all I could do was provide a bigger cause of distraction. I truly felt out of place here. I knew that instead of two weeks I should cut it down to one, the only problem is how would I face Reid?

I secretly hoped he would try to call or text me, but he didn't in the past three days.I'd been thinking of him nonstop and he couldn't even have sent me a text.I know how silly I sounded, I told him I didn't want him to call or text him, and yet here I was complaining that he didn't bother to call or text me. When did becoming a teenage girl become so confusing?

I swung my legs on the side of the bed, I was dressed in Ashley's clothes head to bottom and I did not mind it too much. I was wearing a tank top with running shorts on. If I could only find a pair of shoes that would fit, then I'd go running but for right now I'm stuck at her house.

I searched her closets and tried on every sneaker I could find but they all were too small,

I pulled out one finally pair and tried them on, they fit decently. I walked around the room several times and although a tiny bit small, they would need to suffice for now.

Ashley came running back inside her room and stopped to look at me."Going running?" She ambled around the room and stop dead in her tracks. Her eyes lit up brightly and she lunged for her makeup bag."Finally," she exclaimed and sat down at her vanity mirror to do her makeup. I smiled at her while she applied her makeup. No matter what little time she had left, Ashley always took extra time for makeup.She caught my eye and I looked away, abashed at being caught." Oh god don't tell me you're in love with me," she exaggerated placing her lipstick back in the bag.

It was silent for a split second second before the two of us burst out into laughter."Life would be easier if I did like girls," I mused, "but I think I'll stick to guys." I patted her lightly on the shoulders to reassure her.

"What ever happened to chicks before dicks." My mouth dropped open at her lack of censorship.

"Keep it up and I'm going to have to wash your tongue out," I wiggled my finger at her. She sighed and then left the room. I watched as her figure disappeared down the hallways but her voice was still projecting as though she was in the room.

"See you later Cara, I'll be back around two forty five, if you go running I suggest you go along main street, it leads you to the shops.If you get lost call me and make sure you eat before you go, you don't want to run on an emty stomach."

"Thanks mom," I called out to her sarcastically ," See ya Ash." I laughed as I heard her feet running down the steps.

As soon as she left I took a sip of orange juice and a bite of bread and headed up main street. Orange juice and bread were the same as a meal huh? I bought some cash just in case I needed to buy more water or if I saw something pretty in the shops.I started up the path, unsettled by the many runners who were also scattered around.I liked to run on weekdays, usually early in the morning right before the sun rises, when there was no one around and it was just me. Not even Reid could join me when I was on my weekday runs. I ran past the shops and kept heading straight. Ashley lived in a pretty suburban area so I was slightly nervous about major roads.

I slowed my pace completely when I saw a park approaching. I checked the time on my phone, I needed to call Lisa when school was over and ask her what I missed in school. I had forgotten that I would need to make up all the missed work including take a math test.I should have brought a textbook when I decided to drop everything and jump on a plane. I laughed out loud then looked around to see if anyone heard me. I was going insane.