Chapter 34

I opened my eyes to Reid the next morning.He was leaning back on a chair reading a book. He didn't notice I was awake so I stared at him for a bit.I couldn't believe all the things that happened these last two months. But now I was here, the place I was always supposed to be.Every moment not spent with him was painful. But now we would be together and everything would be alright.

He flipped the page."You know, it's not polite to stare."He didn't even turn to look at me.

I jumped a little, startled."How'd you know?"I crossed the room to hug him.He put the book on his desk and sat me in his lap.I kissed his jaw and then his neck.He brought my face to his.

"Because I'm your mate. "He kissed me softly.

My stomach growled, ruining the moment."Are you hungry?"

I nodded getting up.In fact, I was starving.He stood up stretching, which was the cutest thing ever. His shirt rose slightly showing his stomach, his chest was still bruised terribly. He led the way, we passed by the bathroom and I remembered to brush my teeth. I ran in quickly and shut the door. I can't believe I kissed him and talked to him without brushing my teeth first. Luckily I still had my spare toothbrush from when I used to stay over. He still kept it all this time.

When I was finished I joined him in the kitchen.To my surprise Matt and Ashley were there. When she saw me her face lit up and mine did the same.We hugged tightly.

"Where have you been Ash?" I squeezed her not letting go. Finally I broke away to hear what she said.

"I've been in New York, I had so much work to do I couldn't leave.If I want to graduate with my class this year, then I have to do all of these extra classes on the weekends." I glanced over at Matt and he didn't look happy about this news at all. My heart went out to him, the weekends were the only time he got to see his mate and that too was being taken from him.

She looked at him tenderly.I could tell she mindlinked him something because his face softened. She turned to me and I turned away quickly.It was a terrible habit of mine to stare. Reid's back was turned to them so he missed their solemn exchanges, but it was not lost on me.

"Cara can I talk to you outside?"Ashley asked.I nodded not knowing what the conversation would lead to. I followed her to the living room.We both plopped down on the couch."I didn't know you were back together with Reid. Since when? "

I searched her eyes for any search of disapproval but found none."Since five days ago."I recounted the whole story to her, leaving out a few things like Reid's scars on his back and so on.Her expression didn't change one bit,which only meant that she was completely absorbed in the story. "So yeah, he promised me honesty so we'll how the relationship develops.But I feel good about this Ashley, I know that it's going to work."

She smiled."Good I'm glad. I've always liked him for you."

I smiled. "I really missed him and I'm just scared that something will happen and we won't be mates anymore."

Ashley rolled her eyes. "And you call me dramatic?"

I pushed her lightly."So how are things with you and Matt?"

She turned her hands slightly."Rocky. I've been so busy that I can barely even see him. Sundays are the only days where my classes are every other weekend.My Saturday classes are every single weekend except this weekend. So that means I see him only twice a month for one day. I don't want to repeat senior year, but I don't want to keep being away from him. You know?"

"What about Matt, can't he come live in New York?"

"Been there done that. He can't leave his pack, he'll be Reid's beta. He also won't do it, Reid's been a brother to him so he feels like he owes him and his dad in some way.He's not going to leave his family."