I raised an eyebrow as the men patted my team's backs. Watching them be friendly with each other as if they were long lost friends. I saw Levi turn on his earpiece so I could hear everything happening on his end.

"-boss is kinda snappy. I hope you got the money ready." One of the henchmen said to Levi. I assumed he was second in command from his different clothing than the other men. He was adorned with gold, jewels, and nicer quality clothing. The other men had black clothing with at least one piece of gold on their bodies. I noticed this and widened my eyes.

"Did you guys put everything on yourselves?" I hissed into the earpiece.

"What do you mean-" Eren said until he was cut off.

"-and I hope you're ready...imposters." The man said darkly. In a blink of an eye, shots fired and I frantically shot down as many men as I could. That was until I felt someone grab my ankle. I rolled onto my back as the person stood over me.

"Ahhh, Rose. I was wondering what was going up here." The man smirked. My eyes widened as the familiar white mask appeared in my vision.

It was the same man who kidnapped Eren a while ago.

"You're a...Titan." I mumbled. I glanced at the ledge where I found Levi fighting with all his might against the bodyguards. They seemed to be overpowering him slowly but surely. I noticed that everyone else were all occupied. No one seemed to know about my situation. They were all too busy trying to keep themselves alive.

Dread filled my heart as I realized I had no backup. Not even Levi could help me this moment. My fight or flight instincts kicked in when I analyzed the situation I was in. I could fight him and possibly capture him or potentially make my way across the building with the 3D maneuver gear.

He laughed a blank and harsh laugh. I saw the pebbles next to me jump with vibration. Something was definitely off. Something new, something has changed.

And I didn't like it one bit. 

I swept my leg under his legs, catching him off guard. But his face seemed to harden as he caught himself. I quickly went up into a fighting stance, a sense of deja vu hitting me.

Except for this time, he wasn't making any move to run away like last time. 

His hood stayed firm against his head as his white broken mask gleamed at me. Silence consumed us besides the gunshots and yells from the ground floor. I clenched my fist and charged at the man. He bent his knees lower and a surge of power traveled through his leg and onto the floor, creating an indent. I didn't make any movement to stop as I threw a punch which he dodged. He grabbed my arm and was about to uppercut me in the stomach. 

I was not about to let that happen. I pulled my weight upon him, lowering his arm slightly as I maneuvered my body along his. I was on his back, pulling his jacket and taking out my handgun. I put it against his head but he grabbed my arm again and threw me over his head. I landed on my back with a grunt and ignored the pain. I gasp when his foot went into my view. He was about to stomp on me until I rolled to the side. I backflip onto my feet and dodged an oncoming punch. I resorted to my legs instead of my hands, considering the amount of strength this man had. I kicked his ribs but he wasn't even phased. 

He laughed out of pity and grabbed my leg, pulling me towards him. I frantically grab my gun and aim it at him but he smacked it out of my hand. He twisted my leg so I pivoted and turned away from him. He grabbed my throat from behind and I choked. I used what was left of the fight in me and grabbed his mask. He gasped and loosened the grip on my throat so I pushed it away and turned as best as I could to face him.

I gasped and felt my body freeze as I recognized the face in front of me.

Not only was he known in the files as an agent of the Survey Corps. 

Or was apart of the usual squad that I brought to missions.

But he was now discovered as a Titan.

"Reiner Braun..." I muttered in shock. The man growled and grabbed my hair. He slammed me into the ground with such intensity, I felt bruising already and the floor under me dented.

"R-Reiner...w-why?"

"You wouldn't understand, (y/n)."

Breathing. Heavy breathing. 

It's suddenly cut off as a pressure wraps around my throat like a snake killing its prey. Black dots appear in my vision as I cling onto my last breath. A sad smile appears in my peripheral and the grip becomes tighter.

"I'm sorry."

-----

A/n: Hey kids! It's been a phat while. But I'm back after a short hiatus. Mental and physical break for a bit as I healed myself for a bit. I'm all good now though and I'll be on a writing spree for a couple of months. I plan to finish this book sometime soon. Perhaps by the end of summer but we'll see. Sorry, it's a little short. Gotta have time for those plot twists!

(Y/n) seems to discover something new every day. This is one of the first missions where her squad was compromised. What will happen to her from now on? Will she be captured? Levi seems to know her so well. Speaking up about her as if he was reading her thoughts. 

A new plot twist (not really) just happened. Is the titan really sincere about his apology? Why do you think he's doing this? What will happen to the rest of the squad when they find out their captain has been compromised?

Hope you enjoyed!

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Published: April 5, 2019
Edited ✔️