Chapter Forty-Nine | Second World

Start from the beginning

The company not only went hand in hand with 'Giving Hope', the charity which had had a very attractive face-lift, but it also took on most of the workload. This was a proposal offered by Hisaya to Ayako Chiharu in order to give her more freedom. Which, with some reluctance, she agreed to.

This meant that since the charity event, when Hisaya had mingled with everyone of importance, the investors came straight to their company to express their interest. One of them was the attractive endorsement from Kensei Sadayoshi. Who, after a bit of research, owned a large share in another charity that supported veterans.

But the team had worked excitedly through the night to work everything out. Calculating the profits, and preparing different proposals to put to their boss. And Hisaya was thrilled. Though, he felt a little useless considering the team had been working tirelessly whilst he was wrapped up in his own personal problems.

Seeing the slightly downtrodden expression on their bosses face, they leapt into action,

"We're happy to do it sir!"

"If anything, we've been feeling useless!"

"You've been working so hard, we wanted to go above and beyond. Besides, it's you that gave us all so much courage in our work."

The team nodded their heads, "Mm, we're happy to work for you, sir."

Hisaya's face brightened up. So the team used that advantage to make him even happier, they looked to their colleague who was holding some more files. He put them down on the desk, his dark eyes filled with excitement.

"We've managed to dredge up more things related to Hiromasa." He revealed, to Hisaya's immediate interest. He sat forward on his chair, pulling the files towards him.

"The search on Hiromasa's spies turned a little stale, as we got to a point where all we were doing was waiting for people to contact us, so we took another approach. Instead, we remembered what you said sir, about reading between the lines, and decided to look at a few of the loyal investors that Hiromasa has had by his side for many years."

Hisaya flicked through a few well-detailed papers they had on these investors, along with their pictures. And they all looked just as dodgy as Hiromasa was. "We found that just about every one of them has been caught up in some controversy, which just so happens to vanish within a couple of weeks."

Well of course, Hiromasa controlled the Alpha Times and the Aristocratic. It was up to the media how people were portrayed, and people were blissfully unaware of how powerful they truly were. So that means- with no coverage of the scandals, that meant there was no scandal at all.

"We can also link Hiromasa's involvement with each of them, because systematically, after each scandal has vanished, there's some type of event. One in which a lot of toothy-smiles are caught on camera, alongside the big cheques which are exchanged."

Hisaya tapped the desk, mulling it all over. More and more names were being added to the list. Which now included the Alpha Times and Aristocratic, who needed some time on the naughty-step. But he could see it all coming together, even though they currently had a bulk-load of different leads. But they still needed something to tie it all together, they needed that concrete proof of Hiromasa's personality.

If they came right out now, with the information they currently had, Hiromasa would undoubtedly try to weasel his way out of it, shirking off the allegations on someone else. So they had to find something that was blatantly clear, something that when put in front of him, would leave him stumbling for an excuse.

Their team meeting went on for some time, and during it all, Yoshiaki had been patiently waiting. When Hisaya eventually approached him, an innocent expression on his face, the beta could do nothing but sigh. There was no use fighting a battle he would loose, so he instead handed over a note and left.