flames between us

— HEY GUYS! IF YOU ENJOYED MY ONESHOT, "CRAZY IN LOVE," YOU'LL DEFINITELY ENJOY THIS ONE! THIS IS DEDICATED TO lucastown

"i wish el was here." mike sighed, placing his hand on his chin.

"yeah, no shit. you've said that at least ten times since you've been here." dustin replied, stuffing a handful of popcorn into his mouth.

it was a friday night in the quaint town of hawkins,
and five-sixths of the party were sleeping over at the byers household.

"why can't hopper just let her out of the cabin already? it's annoying." lucas commented, staring intently at the t.v. screen in front of him.

"hopper told me it's to protect her." mike responded.

"wait, you talk to hopper?" max averted her gaze away from the screen.

"well yeah, about el." mike slightly blushed at the thought of the girl he had come to love.

"has he given you the dating talk yet?" the redhead wondered.

"w-what? no! w-why would he do that? el and i aren't even d-dating." the flustered boy stammered.

"aren't dating my ass." dustin snorted, the rest of the party nodding along.

"we aren't!" mike exclaimed, causing laughs to emerge from the other teenagers.

"you guys are practically attached at the hip." max folded her arms.

"we're just good f-friends." mike lied.

"i can literally smell her perfume on your sweater right now." will commented, being able to take in the fruity smell from all the way across the room.

"you just got caught, wheeler." max snickered along with the rest of the group.

"it's so unfair that you get to see her almost everyday while we see her, like, once a month!" dustin complained.

"we're just really close, i guess." mike's face heated up once again.

"yeah, so close that you guys probably hook up, like, once a week." dustin claimed, the rest of the party nodding along.

"s-shut up! i would never do that without her consent." mike's voice raised an octave as he threw a pillow at dustin.

"so you're saying you would totally do it with her if she agreed to it?" lucas protested.

"n-no, that's not what i'm saying! jesus christ, we're only fourteen!" mike groaned, clearly and reasonably embarrassed.

"we're just kidding!" max exclaimed, tucking a ginger lock behind her ear.

"i wasn't." dustin snorted, causing michael to glare from across the room.

"do you ever shut up?" mike spat.

right before will was about to add in on the conversation, jonathan knocked on the door.

"any more dragons need slaying around here?" jonathan questioned, referring to the dungeons and dragons game they were playing a couple hours prior.