Sirius shifted his feet apart more; he seemed ready. Our eyes met for a brief second, silently asking permission to start. I nodded, and he nodded back, then we both took off.

I ran sideways, arcing my path to circle around him and confuse him. He made to take a step but stopped, glancing in my direction and watching to see where I would attack from. The Black Army, our audience, gave an 'oooooohh' in response to my surprising first step.

Before I could change my path and run at Sirius, he turned around to face me and darted at me, raising his sword high and down to the right, to strike my shoulder. I stumble-dodged to the left but he recovered quickly and swung a low left; I had to somersault to miss it. 

The audience called: "WOAH!" in surprise.

Sirius jabbed his wooden sword forward and again I had to spring right while on my knee's. I somersaulted sideways then managed to get to my feet, holding my wooden weapon infront of me. He paused and smirked at me, us both panting at the fierce speed of the moment.

"Your no pushover, little lady." He chided in both love and respect.

I smirked back to him. 

"You haven't seen anything yet, darling." 

I jabbed my sword forward towards his chest, but he met his sword with mine. We continued to go back and forth, blocking hit for hit, swinging upwards towards the head then downwards towards the ribs and knee's. Our battle continued for a few minutes as our bodies got closer and closer to each other. I found myself within inches of his body as our swords intertwined together, and so badly did I want to kiss him and take down his guard. But he pushed back to separate from me and I jumped back; though, I suddenly noticed a dark green ribbon pass my vision - it looked to be tied to his wrist, under his sleeve but poking out only slightly.

I blinked, confused for a moment.

"Never let your guard down!" He yelled to me as he sprinted forward and swung a heavy downwards play, and I just barely fended off his attack with my own sword. We continued, blow for blow, back and forth, though I couldn't get that ribbon out of my head..

We separated once again and I had to shake my thoughts from my mind. This was part of my initiation ceremony, I had to win. 

Declaring this the final blow in my head, I ran at Sirius one more time and attempted to swing a low left into his side, but he jumped backwards and I missed. I then attempted to push him backwards even more with my free hand but it was a bad play; he immediately grabbed my hand and swung me around, my back now facing him. And in a final move, he knocked my sword out of my free hand, while his training sword was at my neck, signalling he had won the fight.

I was panting more than he was.

"Checkmate." He lowered his mouth to whisper in my ear, and I sighed in disappointment.

" I was so close...~~~" I whimpered.

I could hear the Army around us break into excited cheering. Voices clashed, some yelling: "GOO SIRIUS!" while other's yelling "HE CHEATED! ALICE WINS!"

The yells rang in our ears and Sirius and I both chuckled softly. I will admit, it was kind of fun, scrimmaging with an audience.

Sirius dropped the sword and I moved to step forward and out of his grasp, but after dropping the sword, Sirius put his strong arm around my shoulders, holding me to him. I blinked.

"Hey, what are you---"

Before I could say another word, Sirius held up his opposite hand from behind me, pulling down his sleeve to show the green ribbon he had tied around his wrist. The Army around us went quiet.

I blinked in surprise and gazed at the ribbon. Tied within the knot of the ribbon was an item, shiny and silver. It was small too.

I moved my head closer to get a good look at it. It was thin and filled with what looked like diamonds, or crystal's of some sort. Then I noticed the band, and I immediately gasped.

"So, will you?" Sirius whispered in my ear from behind me, letting my shoulders go.

I immediately registered in my mind what it was, and my body felt suddenly as light as a balloon, ready to take off at any minute.

An engagement ring.

I whipped around fast and Sirius, in that calm and cool fashion that was so unique to him, was on one knee, untying the engagement ring from the ribbon. I looked down at him as tears of shock, excitement, surprise, joy, and every other emotion a girl could feel all welled up inside of me at once. He took the ring from the ribbon, then his eyes met mine in a modest and happy smile as he rose the ring to me.

"Will you marry me, Kelly?"

 A single gasp echoed through the Army as they all stood around and watched in anticipation. Silence befell the entire brigade.  Except for Fenrir, who yelled: " ATTA BOY SIRIUS!"

Tears ran down my cheeks and I put my hand to my mouth, at a complete and utter loss for words. I felt like happiness was exploding from my ears, like a bucket overflowing with water.

I held out my left hand and sniffled softly in happiness. Sirius blinked up at me, calmly and nervously awaiting my answer.

"Yes!" 

His face lit up in joy and he stood up, slipping the ring onto my left ring finger. The whole brigade lit up in cheers and applause, throwing their hats in the air and jumping up in excitement.

Sirius grinned beautifully down at me as he put his hands around me and lifted me into the air. My heart leapt in my chest as he lifted me up, I couldn't help how broadly I smiled.

I'd found my true love.