Part 15: Self Defense with Studs

(Here is a lighter chapter to enjoy! But don't worry, it's gonna get real crazy soon :) )

(Kelly P.O.V)

It was the next morning after I'd spent the evening talking with Sirius and I having decided to try learning how to fight. I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. I had lost alot of confidence when I was kidnapped by Amon, and I knew I had to learn to get it all back. This was the first step to that.

Sirius had explained to me that night that the next few days he would be on the front lines with the army, defending the Black Bridge. Therefore, he was going to set up sessions with some of the Army members so I could begin learning self defense. From what he explained, a few of them would give me lessons over the coming days, as they all had different strengths and weaknesses I could learn from.

So, here I stood, outside the gates by the gardens, holding a wooden training sword in both hands. It was heavy, I couldn't hold it well in just one. Across from me, about 8 or 9 feet away, was Seth. He was my first teacher.

"Kelly! Stand up straight, just like we we practiced!☆" my blue haired friend called from across the field, waving his hand while his other was preoccupied with his own wooden training sword.

I nodded and shifted my stance, holding the sword infront of me.

"Ready Alice? Go time♫!" He sang happily. I couldn't help but feel like singing at a time like this was too innocent for what awaited next.

I watched, at the ready, as he lowered his gaze and smirked. A competitive, serious edge seemed to wash over Seth's normally bubbly, over the top features. I could tell he was in fighting mode. He shifted his left foot infront of his right, digging his heel into the ground, as if about to sprint in a race. Seth then took off, yelling a fierce wind-up war cry as he dashed at me.

I shifted my stance with my left foot in front of me and held my sword out, ready to defend myself. But as he got closer and closer, my heart began beating faster and faster. As he stepped within a foot from me, my nerves gave in. I went as white as a sheet and dropped my sword, lowering to sit on my heels, holding my hands over my head and closing my eyes shut tightly, protecting myself from any possible attack.

Seth ran at me and swung his sword right at mine but I cowered in fear at the last second. His sword missed and went right over my head.

"Wo-oahh!~" he called as he nearly tripped over his own feet. He then stopped and regained his composure.

"Kelly..." I could hear him sigh softly, his tone sounding as if he may have predicted this would happen.

"I don't know if I can do this Seth!" I called up to him, still cowering with my hands over my head. I wasn't in a panic but, this was overwhelming for me. I felt him kneel infront of me and put his hand on mine.

"Practice makes perfect. You just gotta keep trying." I lowered my hands and looked up to him. He had that bright, courageously warm smile on his face. He looked at me as if everything was going to be okay. The seriousness of our gaze as our eyes met eachother lasted for a moment, before he winked comedically.

"Besides, the more you workout, the better you'll be in bed with Sirius." He grinned devilishly and I immediately flushed bright red from head to toe.

"SETH!!" I blurted out without thinking, and he stood, holding his training sword.

"Take all that anger out on the battlefield, kitty cat♡"

I stood and picked up my sword, gritting my teeth in an embarrased, heated blush. I watched his face turn serious once again as he shifted into battle stance. He smirked ambitiously.