Part 13: Head to Head

(Just a quick warning, this part gets quite dark! It has some anxiety and panic triggers in it. Please be mindful if you are sensitive! )

(Fenrir's P.O.V)

We reached King Lancelot's castle easily. Because most of the fighting was being done within the Central Quarter, we snuck our group of 10 or so soldiers to the entrance of castle without much trouble. Any Red troops that saw us were immediately ambushed and knocked out.

Ray knocked on the large castle door. One of his sidekicks, Edgar, answered.

"Well well, Ray Blackwell and his army. Have you come to establish a cease fire?" His tone was sarcastic and belittling. Ray didn't even blink an eye.

"Bring Lancelot to me, before I break your legs." He was stern and unwavering, and he stepped forward to hold his face within centimetres of Edgar's. A long, tense silence held between the two.

"Touchy. Just a moment." Edgar sighed meekly and turned, walking into the common room and up the stairs.

------

Within about 20 minutes, myself, Luka, and Ray were standing in the office room with Lancelot, Edgar, Zero, and Jonah. His three right hand men.

King Lancelot sat behind the desk with his feet up, checking his nails in a clear show of dismissal.

"So, Black Army, what brings you to my castle this late at night?"
He chided softly and glanced up, hardly moving.

"The Magic Tower ambushed two of our members yesterday morning and took one hostage and badly beat the other one. In a time of war, this is unacceptable." Ray started off.

Lancelot hardly batted an eye.

"What the Magic Tower and their disciples do is not of my accord." He stood and flicked his hand, as if to say it was none of his business.

"They took Kelly and are holding her hostage. She had nothing to do with this war." Ray grit his teeth. He had always hated how cold Lancelot was, even in major conversations of war.

"Then perhaps, Ray Blackwell, you should be using this time and energy to go get your sacred Alice, rather than pointing the blame at us." Jonah piped in with just as sarcastic an attitude.

"That girl is none of my business. If you can't keep her protected and in check, that is your problem Black Army." Lancelot snapped back. I could see Luka beside me, gritting his teeth and clenching his fist in irritation. I watched as Lancelot stood up and came face to face with Ray.

The entire room was tense. The Red Army wasn't even taking responsibility for their role in this.

"I had nothing to do with this girl going missing. If I had to guess, Amon is using her for experimentation. She does possess magical powers, doesn't she?" He eyed Ray suspiciously, but the Black King held a firm stance.

"I know your dealing secretly with that guy. You can call this off, Lancelot." Ray shot back, and the two began a heated death glare match. Clearly neither was going to back down.

"To be honest, if you had just sent her back to her homeland when you had the chance, this wouldn't have happened. The fault falls on you, Ray." Jonah shrugged his shoulders callously, his tone aloof and completely uncaring.

What happened next, I swore I dreamt in my injured state.
I watched, as Luka stepped forward, stood right infront of his brother, and punched him right in the face. Knocking him clear over.
The rest of the Red Army stood up fast and surrounded us. King Lancelot was not at all pleased.

"Get your army out of my sight or you won't walk out of here alive." He seethed at Ray, then looked to me.

"We wouldn't want anyone else to feel what Fenrir did, do we?" He chided, pointing out my injuries, his tone spitting fire in the wake of the tense moments between the armies.