Part 17: Stubborn

(Sirius P.O.V)

"Take the order and go at nightfall to the Central Quarter. Blanc will fulfill the weapons needs." I spoke firmly and nodded to the soldier as he gave his thanks and shifted from the front of the line.

Another soldier stepped forward with another piece of paper and a request.

"Sirius, Sir, there has been some talk of the Magic Tower convening their troops in the Forbidden Forest, outside of the Joker's hideout." He handed me the paper with the details and I took it with my free and uninjured arm.

As I read through it I could feel more anger rising in the pit of my stomach.
Once I finished reading it over, I nodded and handed it back.

"Send a request to Ray via raven for a troupe of 30. We will need to be ready incase they attack that hideout."

I signed the piece of paper and the soldier nodded and took his leave, heading immediately to send a raven to Ray on the front lines of the Black Bridge. Since the takeover and the ambush via the Magic Tower, Ray had taken my place on the front lines and both Seth and Luka had left to accompany our brigade. Many of our troops were back here recovering from their injuries, including myself. But since I was the highest ranked General to cover for Ray, I was recovering slowly while doing my duties; paperwork, fulfilling requests, strategizing the next moves, and so on. I'll admit I was tired; it had hardly been 24 hours since my return to the castle, but in times of war, the army could hardly afford sleep.

I continued to fulfill requests within the office of the castle for hours until it was well past midnight. Finally I stood up from my desk, having completed the paper work necessary for my next start in about...4 hours. As I stood I leant against the desk, my sprained foot still wasn't enjoying being walked on. But I continued through the pain and began towards the door.

As I slowly made my way to my room, I yawned softly. A good few hours sleep would feel so nice. I wouldn't tell a soul, but I was hurting. And sitting for long periods of time made it harder to ignore the pain.

I passed by a window and looked out nonchalantly as I walked. Something light green seemed to flutter just outside the gardens. Ah well, probably just a bunny.

Wait...

That wasn't a bunny.

I retraced my steps backward and moved my forehead against the window, squinting out into the darkness.

"Fenrir...?"

------------

(Kelly P.O.V)

"Again!" I panted, calling to Fenrir in a firm and slightly agitated tone. My whole body ached. I was covered in sweat and dirt and small bruises from being hit with the wooden swords we used to train.

Fenrir was a few feet from me, sweaty but much less tired. He didn't look like he was having to try too hard.

He sighed as he ran his hand through his bangs.

"Kelly, it's well past midnight..can't we just continue tomorrow?"

His eyes looked up to focus on mine with a somber frown. But I would have none of it.

"I'm not tired. Again!" I called, already in battle stance.

He sighed and shifted his feet.
"Alright..."

Fenrir shifted his form, then took off, running at me. Just like Luka, he also changed his strategy constantly, and this time he jumped forward into a roll before hopping clear over me. In my shock I whipped around but he was too quick. He had his sword just inches from my temple.