Part 9: The Aftermath of the Beginning

(Kelly P.O.V)

It had officially been three days since the "incident" at the party, and though mostly everything (including my head injury) was feeling back to normal, my life truly didn't feel so normal anymore. The day after I slept with Sirius went well; I went about my normal activities and duties without any questions or concerns as to where he and I disappeared to that night. I got the few curious and plotting looks from the Black Army gang, but nothing I couldn't quickly turn my eyes away from or pretend I didn't notice...

But that was nothing compared to what was going on now.

As I walked down the hallway with a basket of folded aprons, reusable gloves, rags and other kitchen supplies that had just been washed in the laundry, I was relishing the fact that this entire hallway was clear. Not an Army member in sight. I sighed in relief. Finally, peace and quiet amidst the craziness the past day had brought.

Within this peace, I began to think about the last few days. Things were definitely off with the Black Army members. But Sirius was one of the ones I just couldn't crack. We had an intimate night that night, yes. But since then, it seemed his plan of secrecy was to act as if we were acquaintances.
I hardly saw him! And if I did, he would pass by with a nod or a cool smile, then disappear off to his next war task. We hadn't even spoken a full conversation since that night. If I tried to start a conversation, he would focus on me for only a moment before admitting he had to be somewhere and leaving.
I had wondered if maybe he was embarassed? Or shy? I knew him as the cool and slick Army general, but I didn't really know him, emotionally. I'll admit it was kind of disappointing. This whole dream plan I had of us getting together and dating..well, it hadn't happened and I wondered if it ever would. At this rate, it felt like I had taken one step forward, but then two steps back..

However, my thoughts were suddenly cut short way to soon. One of the closed wood doors near the end of the hallway suddenly opened slowly, just a tiny amount. It was so suspicious - I knew immediately it was them.

My happy mood instantly turned annoyed and unimpressed. I stopped mid step and stood, watching the door. The door creaked open a little more, and a few tufts of pink hair peaked out. A pair of bright pink eyes and a corner of a nose accompanied poked out from the edge of the door. They looked straight at me.

I sighed, annoyed.

"I KNOW YOUR IN THERE FENRIR."
I called out, my tone speaking to my current mood.
A few sudden rustles sounded behind the door, along with a mix of giggling, whispering, and shuffling. I watched Fenrir's eyes widen behind the door, then his head popped back inside before the door fully opened. Luka emerged first, a bright pink blush and an irritated look on his face.

"Guys, stop forcing me to hide in there." He growled, folding his arms then walking away.
"I really don't care to find out what happened." He mumbled in frustration, not even looking at me as he hit the left turn in the hallway and walked off.

Fenrir emerged second. Followed by Seth, both of them tripping over eachother as Seth seemed to push Fenrir out of the room.

"TRAITOR!" Seth called as he shook his fist at Luka's disappearing figure.

Fenrir turned to me first, us now communicating from afar.

"I don't know what your talking about Alice. We were discussing army strategies." He shrugged his shoulders dramatically. Oh he was so lying.
I took this time to walk closer so I wasn't yelling. Seth watched me walk closer and stepped behind Fenrir, as if to hide.

"I don't enjoy being followed you know. You've been doing this for days now." My voice was firm.

"We aren't following you! And we've been so busy with the war Alice..☆" Seth retorted, the annoyance in his face looking more and more forced as time went on.