Part 14: Reality - Pt 2

(Warning! More emotional triggers in this one. But! It gets super romantic :) )

(Sirius P.O.V)

I sighed, closing my eyes just a moment as I leant back in the wooden chair. It was such a peaceful night. The open window beside me blew in some chilly autumn air, and the sound of crickets dancing and singing amongst the grass made me even more sleepy.

It had been 3 days since the incident with Amon. And things were, as I suspected, a struggle.

The Red Army had advanced their war strategies and had taken over the Central Quarter. And as well, they were currently fighting us off at the Black Bridge. Our troupe was convinced it was Jonah who was spearheading these malicious attacks, after Luka had punched him so hard that night.

I opened my tired eyes and gazed down at her, the one person I promised I wouldn't fail, but did. Kelly lay in the spare bed, her face contorted in stress due to yet another nightmare. I could see beads of sweat on her forehead.

This was a normal evening where she was concerned. The woman hardly slept anymore. She suffered traumatic nightmares, countless episodes a night. She would wake up shaking and panicking. One of us took turns watching her each night; not only keeping her company through her bouts of nightmares but also being there for her panic attacks that followed right after. I was convinced she was suffering more now than she did the day Amon took her.

I could see from her contorted face and her shifting in her sleep that she was going to wake up in a panic soon. I leant my chair forward and raised my fingers to her cheek, softly stroking her skin to give her a small, gentle touch of support.

"Shhhh, Kelly.." I whispered softly, and I noticed her relax.

She seemed to calm down, so I brought my hand back and ran it through my hair, then gave a deep yawn. I was tired also. I hadn't had much sleep myself the past few days. Between war room meetings to fend off the Red Army, as well as supporting the troupe and being here for Kelly when I could, it was cutting into my rest time. Not like I ever slept much anyway.  But after that showdown with Amon, I couldn't say I wasn't needing a bit of a rest myself.

But I had resolved that I would take a break once I knew Kelly was okay. Right now she was suffering terribly, and I needed to be with her whenever I could.

I heard a sudden squeaky gasp come from the bed and shook the thoughts from my head. I looked down to her. She'd be waking up in 3...2...1...

Kelly shot up in bed and her breathing became sufficiently laboured. She started to shake and her eyes were wide, she was looking around fearfully, unable to speak in her panic.

I shifted to sit on the bed infront of her. I could feel my eyes getting heavy from needing sleep, but I willed my body to stay awake. I faced her and put my hand on her shoulder.

"Kelly, shhh. It was just a nightmare." I soothed, running my fingers along the back of her neck to try and calm her down. Only this time, I noticed her start to act differently. Her body temperature sky rocketed, I could feel her skin get extremely hot to the touch. She waved her hands infront of her face and began gasping for air. Tears streamed from her eyes and her shaking wouldn't cease.

I grew instantly worried.

"Hey..." I muttered, my face showing my confusion, and I put both my hands on her shoulders and looked her in the eye.

"Kelly it's okay.. it's just me...please calm down..." I soothed, hoping my voice would get through to her.

She shook violently and I felt my own fears start to rise. I quickly dismissed my feelings and attempted to logically approach the situation.