Part 19: Ransom

(Sirius P.O.V)

I stepped out of the carriage. 

We had come to our stop. It was late evening, well past midnight by now, and after much negotiation between the generals of the Black Army, we had come to this, in my opinion, ridiculous and dangerous, plan.

Loki reappeared 2 days ago, and came prepared with this crazy plan to use Kelly, the only female of the Black Army, as ransom to mitigate a cease fire with the Red Army and to stop the Magic Tower from going forward. Technically, 2 armies against 1 was not honourable. The key was to negotiate Kelly, agree to a truce with Lancelot, then get Kelly back before any craziness started.

That is, unless our twist of fate worked.

Ray, Luka, myself and Kelly were now standing outside the mountain's edge; our destination to begin the trade off. It was much colder up here, with snow blowing about and an icy wind cutting straight through you. With piles of snow at every turn, I turned and held my hand out to Kelly as she hopped from the carriage step. I saw her shiver as she stepped outside, and took my jacket off to place around her shoulders.

God was I ever anxious.

Luka and Ray emerged from the carriage after, and we began walking our way up the path, towards our meeting spot. Within 10 minutes we paused, coming to stop by the Grand Oak, the largest tree in the Mountain's. Here was where we were meeting Amon.

Hardly 15 minutes passed before 4 bright glimmers of Magic appeared infront of us. Amon, Lancelot and 2 of the Magic Tower disciples materialized from thin air. Protectively, I put my arm out infront of Kelly as she stood beside me, instinctively keeping her farther back from the enemy. Luka, myself and Ray all stood with deep glares on our face.

Amon started things off with that predictable evil chuckle.

"It's about time you all came to your senses." Though I could not see his eyes beyond his hood, I could see his joyfully suspicious smirk. 

"Lancelot, this trade hinges on a cease fire." I watched Ray step forward to the Red King, whom seemed in his usual sour mood. I also noticed Lancelot came by himself, most likely, in my opinion, because his army was not aware of how intertwined he was with Amon. 

Lancelot stayed quiet, but held out his hand for a confident handshake. No emotion was clear on his face.. 

"I hereby declare a ceasefire between the Black and Red Army's of Cradle." Ray announced, and the two shook hands.  The two kings then stepped away from eachother. It was clear Lancelot had no decision in the matter, he did't even put up a fight to halt the possibility of a ceasefire. He simply shook hands with Ray, then stepped away silently. It was oddly suspicious, and I put my hand on the handle of my sword currently sheathed at my side, just incase.

"Now, for the girrll..." Amon seemed to seeth greed. His voice sounded so creepy, it gave me the impression he often did more than what was humane to his disciples. I clenched the fist that sat on my sword's handle, wishing I could just jump at Amon and put us out of our misery. He was just too big a trump card to remain alive. 

I heard Kelly softly gasp and fell back to my senses, before turning to her and stepping to stand infront of her. I put my arms on her shoulders supportively.

"Your going to be okay." I muttered, and I watched her bite her lip nervously, before throwing her arms around me in a tight hug. I felt her body shaking slightly. 

"I-I'm scared..." She whimper softly, and I hugged her back, whispering into her ear.

"We will take care of you. And as soon as anything happens, I'll be right there.." I chided to her, then loosened my grip on her. I could hear Amon clear his throat expectantly.