Staying Traught

The team felt guilty, Robin's story was being followed by the media. It was painstakingly obvious that the young boy might not make it, also, when the team got back, they saw his file pop up.

His status was changed from active, to injured. Not just hurt, but critical condition. Meaning Robin might not make it, that he might die. Also, this might be his last few hours living.

'This just in, Robin's condition has not improved. The Justice League is coming to take the boy wonder to their medical facilities, in a last attempt to save his life. All we can do now is pray, pray that Robin makes it through this. For his life is out in the air, and it will take a miracle for him to make it through this.' The reporter on TV said, as the Batmobile pulled up.

Batman exited, and everyone parted way for him. Not wanting to get in his way from his dying partner, nobody was that stupid. He walked into the hospital, and seconds later. Batman reappeared with Robin in his arms, the boy was in his Robin suit. However, he looked so vulnerable. He placed the boy in the car, then got in. Then all anyone saw was the Batmobile rushing off, in last attempt to save the first sidekick.

-0-0-0-

When the Batmobile pulled up to Star Labs, the JLA rushed out. They took the deteriorating boy wonder and placed him on a gurney, then rushed back inside. Batman following close behind, not wanting to let his son.

Robin was rushed to the medical ward of the labs, where people were set up. Among the doctors was Dr. Leslie. The personal doctor to the Bats, one of the very few that knew their secret ID's.

"Batman, we need to take off his mask. Otherwise he might die, and I refuse to let this boy die." Leslie Said, and Bruce agreed. He honestly only cares about his son making it through this right now, nothing else.

"Do what you have to Leslie, just please save him." Batman Said and the lady nodded, then she rushed into the operation room, and got to work.

Batman watched everything happen, he refused to leave. He watched as Robin's uniform was taken off, to reveal his injuries. Batman's eyes widened, there were bullet enties. And judging by Robin's uniform, he was shot at point blank range.

The JLA was gathered with Batman, all anticipating Robin's surgery. They helped raise the boy, and care for him deeply. That's when they heard it, the heart monitor flatlining. Everyone gasped, and watched as Robin was shocked back to life.

Some of the adults had tears in their eyes as they watched Robin. His body jerked after each shock, his body remained motionless. Then, his heart started back up. A ventilator tube was shoved down his throat, and then the doctors stitched the boy up.

Glancing at the clock, everyone realized that Robin had been fighting for life for about four hours. They watched the young thirteen year old boy get cleaned up, and bandaged up.

There were monitors connected to his head, to monitor his brain activity. Heart monitor, to obviously keep track of his heart beat. There was an IV and Blood pack connected to his arm, and sedatives.

"He's gonna be angry when he wakes up." Clark Said, and Batman just sighed.

"No, he's gonna be done. He's gonna want a break from the team and possibly even being Robin, and I can't blame him. The team have been cold towards Robin since Failsafe, and he's not been coping with it well." Batman Said, as he stood up.

"I've got a call to make, and nobody leaves." Batman Said before he walked off, and pulled out his com.

"Alfred, I want you to please bring Peanut and some of Dicks sweats. Also, can you bring the picture of him and Barbra?" Batman Said into the com, and soon the butler replied.