Miracles

-0-0-0-

-0-0-0-

Artemis was lead into the same medical room that Dick was in, and Leslie had her quickly change into a pair of workout shorts and a baggy short sleeve shirt and lay down on the bed next to Dick's.

"I wish we had more time to do this properly, but Dick's run out of time." Leslie muttered and J'onn turned to look at her, "I agree. It seems like the only choice we have now, is to simply give Dick Artemis' bone marrow and hope for the best." He said and Leslie glared at him, "this process is already stressful enough with worrying about Grafts vs Host, and we're not even sure if their bone marrow is even remotely compatible, yet you want to inject Dick with Artemis' bone marrow without running any tests?!?" Leslie hissed, and Artemis felt tears gather in her eyes as she glanced over at her little brother.

He was hooked up to an oxygen tank, and Bruce was holding Dicks left hand with his much larger ones. Alfred was standing behind Bruce with his hand on the other man's shoulder, in a silent gesture of support.

"We don't have any choice Leslie," Artemis said, and Leslie spun around to glare at her but Artemis refused to take her eyes off of Dick's face. "He's already dying, but I believe that I can save him." She said as she quickly glanced at Leslie, and the woman sighed, "this is going against everything I believe in as a doctor. But fine, we'll go through with the transplant." She said as she walked over to a cabinet and pulled out a very large needle, "so let's all pray for a miracle."

She walked over to Artemis and Artemis glared at her, "don't you dare waste time trying to put me under for this. I can take a few hours of pain, if it means that Dick has a chance to live." She said slowly, and Leslie nodded as she let out a breath. "Alright, but this is not going to be a walk in the park." She said and Artemis glared at her, "I know that Leslie. Just do what you have to," she said before she rolled over onto her side and reached out to hold Dick's left hand.

"Alright, here goes nothing." Leslie said as she lifted Artemis' shirt up a tad so that her hip was easily accessible, and J'onn passed her some gauze that had been dipped in iodine so that she could sterilize the area in which she'd be inserting the needle.

"You might want to bite down on something Artemis," Leslie said apologetically and before Artemis could turn to ask her what she meant, a sharp burning pain suddenly hit her in her hip.

She screamed from the shock of the sudden pain, before she took a deep breath and let it out. Needing to focus on anything other than the pain in her hip. So she focused on Dick, who had woken up from her scream and was attempting to look around out of confusion.

However Artemis simply schooled her expression and began rubbing soothing circles on Dick's hand while she began to try and smooth him.

"Shhhh, it's gonna be alright Dickie. Everything is gonna work out, but we need you to be strong for us just for a few more hours. Please Dick, just don't stop fighting." Artemis whispered as Dick's eyes slid shut, and Bruce began to watch the heart monitor with tears in his eyes for the heartbeat was growing weaker.

Leslie quickly walked over and slid the syringe of Ruby red liquid into Dick's IV bag, and now all they could do was wait and pray that Dick's body accepted Artemis' bone marrow.

However all of their hearts nearly shattered when they saw his heart had flatlined, but it started back up on its own seconds later and kept on beating steadily. It might've been weak, but it was steadily beating.

-0-0-0-

Two months later....

Artemis smiled with tears running down her face as she watched Dick walk out of the cave infirmary with the help of Leslie and a Walker that old ladies used, but it's not like she cared.

Dick was actually walking around and he had that spark back in his eyes, and she knew that his former boundless stores of energy would be returning in no time as his recovery continued.

Dick was still nothing but skin and bones, his skin was still ghostly pale, and he was still lacking hair, but he was slowly starting to look more like he used to with every passing day.

"It's good to see you walking around again my friend," Kaldur told him and Dick smiled at him. "It feels great to be able to walk again Kal, and I can't believe how long I've been sitting in a bed. I hate bed rest!" He said with a chuckle, and they all joined in.

"Yeah, and I still can't get over the fact that you have the immune system of a toddler right now." Wally said smugly, and Leslie rolled her eyes. "Dick's immune system is building itself back up, because the chemo completely destroyed his old one."

Connor snorted, "his old immune system was inhuman. I might not be fully human, but even I know that he shouldn't have been able to do some of the things he did without getting sick." He pointed out and Dick just smirked, "I'm just special." He said and they all laughed.

"I made you some cookies," Megan told him and Dick's eyes lit up. "Sweets!" He said excitedly but Leslie's grip on his arm prevented the teen from rushing forward to grab any.

"You're on a strict diet Dick, and I don't want you to set yourself back in your recovery. But, I will allow you to indulge just this once without saying anything. After all, your friends have been here for you since your treatment started. And you've been through hell and deserve a chance to celebrate," she told him and Dick gasped and stared at her in shock before he hugged her tightly and then hobbled forward to Megan.

"Alright Megs, let's go to those cookies," he told her and she smiled and lifted him up with her powers and flew them off to the kitchen. With the rest of the team following behind them, with all of them having such ginormous grins plastered on their faces. Because Robin survived, Artemis had saved him, and he was finally starting to recover.

The process would be long and painful, for all of them, and Robin would never be fully free of the risk that his cancer might return. However, all that mattered was the present, as long as he kept on fighting tooth and nail, they knew that he'd never die. Robin was the strongest among them, and they would be alright with him not being there on missions with them now that they knew he was truly getting better. For when he did return to missions, the bad guys better watch out because he would be a force to be reckoned with.

-0-0-0-

I'm so sorry that I've not updated, because I have been distracted. I have no excuse, and I'm trying. Though life is hectic and I'm struggling to write, I am trying and will update my other stories as soon as I can. Anyways, there's gonna be one chapter left of this story. I hope that you all have been not too angry with me for what I've put Dick through, and are happy that he seems to be finally getting a break. Anyways, I'm so grateful for all the support you all have given me, and I can't wait to give you all the much anticipated end of this story.