Mission

Dick hadn't slept since he had to save Bruce, he couldn't. His night terrors kept coming back, worse than he's ever had them. Each switching from his parents death to when he was saving Bruce, and he couldn't handle it.

This was two days ago, and he was already exhausted, cuz since Failsafe, he hasn't been able to sleep for long. So, he's going his third night without sleep. He can function fine, just after tomorrow, things are gonna get horrible.

He was currently looking at his still healing hands, which Alfred kindly rewrapped. He no longer was covered in blood, but he could still see it. That scared him, would his pain ever go away?

There was a knock on his door, and Dick sighed. That was Alfred, Bruce still couldn't leave the Batcave. So he opened the door, and was shocked to see it was Bruce.

"Bruce, Umm, hi." Dick said, nervously. Bruce sighed and knelt down, and Dick knew something was about to happen he wouldn't like.

"We've got a lead on Zucco, and I want the team to take care of him. I want you to go with them on this one, please." Said Bruce, and Dick sighed. He knew he couldn't take on Zucco alone, so he agreed.

"Fine, but I'm not riding in the Bioship." Dick said, as Bruce sighed.

"Fine, take your R Cycle. I'll give you the coordinates once you are ready to leave, and Dick, please be careful." Bruce Said, and dick gave him a nod. Then rand down to the Batcave, and changed into Robin.

He had trouble getting his gauntlets on, but eventually managed to do so. Bruce did send him the coordinates, and he hopped onto his R Cycle and drove off. Unfortunately, Zucco was camped out in the forests towards the edge of Gotham. So he had a few hours of driving to do.

-0-0-0-

The team had gathered in the mission room for a briefing, waiting for Batman to show up. When he did, they were shocked to say the least that he was walking and a bit confused why Robin wasn't with him. Batman pulled up a screen, then faced the team.

"Team, this is Tony Zucco. He recently escaped from prison in Gotham, your mission is to put him back into police custody." Batman Said, as he pulled up more information.

"Batman, this man is a prison escapee. Surly the police can handle him." Artemis Said and Batman just hid his annoyance.

"No, Tony Zucco is a dangerous man. He was the one who injured me three days ago, and he almost killed me the first time I faced him. Robin saved my life, more than once." Batman Said, before the information came up. Artemis held back her shock, there was a picture of the kid in her school that she absolutely found annoying.

"Who's the kid?" Wally questioned, and Batman counts to ten before he continued.

"This is Richard John Grayson, he was orphaned by Tony Zucco. Zucco was a malfia boss in Gotham, who gained money by offering his protection. Anyone who refused his protection, well they died.

Hayley's Traveling International Circus had arrived in Gotham, and you can guess what happened." Batman Said, and some of the team grimaced.

"They refused to pay." Aqualad Said, and Batman nodded.

"Yes, they refused to pay. That night at their show, a family went up on the Trapeze." Batman Said, and Megan interrupted him.

"The Grayson's?" She Asked, and he nodded.

"Yes, Mary, John, and Richard Grayson were preforming. Right as Richard was about to join his parents for their act, the wires snapped. Their act was preformed without a net, so the two fell to their death.