Chapter 2- Saviors

Start from the beginning

"Ah, is that why you spend the last of your money for? That god damn dog!" Kat spat annoyingly, but Ace points to the small table where the black plastic bag laid

"Ah, is that why you spend the last of your money for? That god damn dog!" Kat spat annoyingly, but Ace points to the small table where the black plastic bag laid. Our favorite drink, Inca kola and some chicken breast from the meat market and more Goya spices to make her famous chicken bowl.

"Aw, ñaña you got this just for us! We love you," We teased and hugged her as she stood before the stove. Ace began boiling a few straps of chicken for the damn dog.

"Aw hell no! Why should that mutt get to eat first." Kat started to yell but smiled as I went over to the dog. 

We haven't named him if Mom ever found him here. It'd be harder if we named him, but I grew fond of him. He's a huge black dog with green eyes and his ears pointed upwards than the floppy kind and his snout was long. His jaws were white and his tongue was as long too, but he's a baby to me. He whined hopping on my lap and lays on me. I laughed laying on my back against the floor. I'm not sure when Ace found the dog but she's been caring for it  even when she was sold off. Somehow it found her where she was staying and continued to care for it bringing her and the stray back to New York too.

Mom doesn't know anything about the dog, we all know how she feels about keeping one. Nonetheless, Ace made us swear to keep it that way. We agreed as long as she made sure that the dog didn't leave any evidence of his stay here. She hasn't kept her promsie much as this dog pisses on the carpet, by the door, and on the corner of room by the window. Ace turns to us showing us her hands.

  Kids are safe, John moved them out at 3 A.M. heading to Canada by now. She signs and Kat stops ranting about the dog then hugs Ace thanking her for saving the kids.

"I know that must have been hard for you. Meeting John again reminds you of what happen, but you did it with your head straight and the kids are safe now." Kat praised her for her bravery, I was proud of her too. I know the scars on her body still haunts her in her dreams. But having the dog sleep with her. She's less scared and sleeps soundly that's why I'm gonna let his pissing habits alone for now.

"Alright, perrito," I thanked rubbing his head and ears. He groans and yawns sticking out his long tongue then licks my palm.

Ace drains the water from the chicken and starts prepping the vegetables, washes them and chops them quickly with butter starts to fry them. I was in charge of the rice, since she and Kat always burned the bottom. Lightly salted with vegetable oil and got the beans done with the same spices only a bit of cumin. After washing the chicken breast, we seasoned it with Goya sazon, and adobo frying it in butter.

We all sat down, together at the table and started eating as we stared at one another in silence. Then the dog starts to whimper over to Ace trying to guilt her into giving him half her food. 

"Don't! He already ate, any more food he'll get fat!" I warned her, but she ignores me anyways and threw some of her food on the floor.

"GOD DAMN IT!" I growled but it made Ace chuckle so did Kat. The dog quickly gobbled up the food gifted to him by my annoying ass sister. Ace smirks eating the rest of food peacefully, the dog placed his head on her lap not whining or begging. Ace pets his head gently until a loud knock came from the door, no one knocks on our door not even for a cup of sugar or salt. All the humans in the buliding avoid making contact or cross paths with us.