He was a bit nicer today? Yes, there's a question mark because I don't know what's up with the dude.

Maybe he's bipolar? Something in the back of my head said.

Well clearly. I rolled my eyes.

"What are you rolling your eyes at?" Jax asks confused.

"Sorry I was talking to myself," I said and then realized how crazy that sounded.

"Okay." He replies and goes upstairs.

I sat down on the couch or whatever this area is. It kinda looked like a waiting area.

I don't know this house is too big and spacey.

I could most definitely play hide and seek here and not be found first.

"Here is your phone." He hands it to me. "Tell Kylie she's one weird girl." He grins.

I mentally slapped myself in the face.

I see a baby at the stairs trying to open the gate.

"Your baby." I pointed.

"My what?"

"Your baby wants you."

"Oh." He turns around, jogs up the stairs, and picks his sister or his daughter up.

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked. I see a baby, I wanna stay. Nobody can force me to leave.

Well, he can but whatever.

"Shoot."

"Why didn't you want me to see her last night?"

"Because." He says bluntly. There he goes again.

"Because what?"

"It's none of your business." He rocks the beautiful baby girl back and forth.

She had jet black hair and beautiful, bright green eyes. She was gorgeous. She is the prettiest little baby I've ever laid my eyes on.

"I know it's not but I'm nosey so I wanna know," I said and reached out for the baby while looking at Jax for permission. He hands me the tiny human and I hug her to my body inhaling her baby scent. She smells so good. 

"You're one gorgeous baby," I said tickling her belly. She giggles which causes me to smile.

"So you made this baby? Or is she your sister?" I asked.

He sighs and rolls his eyes. "You're not gonna leave until I tell you are you?"

"Well, I can't leave either way since I have to tutor you today."

"Her name is Journey and she is my ..." He pauses. A really long pause.

"Your?"

"My daughter."

"I called it," I said excitedly.

"You told your friends?" He snaps.

"No, I was debating with myself last night," I said backing up a little bit. He was too close.

I'm an overthinker, I think about everything that happened during the day and just come up with 'what ifs' and create scenarios of what could've happened if I said something else instead of what I did say. 

It makes sense in my head. 

"You were debating over who she belonged to?"

"Well yeah. I'm very curious."

"Really? I didn't notice." He said sarcastically.

"Ha.ha." I rolled my eyes. "How old is she?"

"10 months."

"Awww Lil Journey is turning 1 soon." I hugged her.

She giggles and I smiled.

I swear my lips hurt from smiling too big.

"Does anyone know about her?"

"Only my friends and parents. The rest of the school doesn't."

"Why not?"

"It's not their business."

"Is that why you quit football? Because you didn't want anyone to find out you had a daughter?" I asked.

He just stood quiet.

"You're ashamed of her?"

"No."

"Then show her off and be proud that you and whoever made such a beautiful baby girl."

"But it's not their business."

"True but you wouldn't want them finding out the wrong way."

"I guess." He sighs again.

"I'm not trying to force you to tell the school you have a daughter, I'm just saying that you should do it before they find out the wrong way." I gave his daughter back due to the fact that I was rocking her back and forth causing her to fall asleep.

"I'm going to put her in her crib." He says and I nod.

^*^

published: September 18th, 2019