Chapter- 6

After only one week at Carter Enterprises, I had become the most talked about person in the city

Mr. Richards had informed me that someone in the building had gone to the press to inform them of my recent employment. They had even brought pictures that were secretly taken of me around the office doing simple things like making copies of papers at the copy machine.

Noah. Was. Livid.

As soon as one of the local tabloids printed the pictures and stupid little, POINTLESS story about my new job and the fact that I was working for my fiance- Noah was quickly meeting with the owner of the publisher. Of course he couldn't take back the copies that had already sold but all of the ones that had not were immediately removed from shelves.

And then the fact that Noah did what he did made headline news. Well technically not news but it was on all the celebrity gossip shows.

What surprised me though- they didn't slander me. Nothing was mentioned about suspicion of Noah treating me better than other employees. The headline had read: 'New Boss in training? '

There was a huge meeting held in the very large auditorium in the building that I was not aware existed before. I'm pretty sure every employee that worked in the building was at the meeting. It lasted for what felt like hours as Noah explained the employee privacy policy and what respect was in general.

Respect was extremely important to Noah and people could tell how disappointed he was in whoever had leaked the pictures of me. He was angry as hell that someone had violated me by taking pictures without my permission as well. Yes, part of it was because I was his fiance and he was in love with me but I knew it was because he was just plain out outraged by the fact that it violated my privacy.

Noah HATED paparazzi and I knew that was partially where his anger stemmed.

On the streets was one thing but inside of his business was another. He had upped security inside and outside of the building tenfold.

We were being followed everyday now, almost everywhere we went. We had gone to the grocery store a couple of days ago and when we were leaving, there were five people snapping cameras in our face.

Of course Noah hid me behind him like a shield. I was surprised that he kept it together as well as he had. He was fuming when the paps had given me a panic attack. They got way too close. It was way too much.

I had been a victim of the paparazzi from the moment Noah had come back into my life and I had grown used to seeing them here and there but they had NEVER been as bad as they had been that first week of work.

Daddy's Here To Stay (18+) [slow updates]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara