Chapter- 10 (pt 1)

I knew that I should have been more terrified than I actually was but I just couldn't bring myself to get to that place

The only thing I was truly terrified of was- The fact that someone or something could possibly hurt Noah ...or take him away from me, or vice versa.

Being separated from Noah in any way would be a nightmare. He was my life. This was our life, not just mine anymore.

I slept the entire time we were on the plane and when we landed, Noah gently shook me awake.

"Come on baby girl, we are going home now."

We were escorted out to a limo and I immediately laid my head in Noah's lap as the car began to go. I felt exhausted. Physically and emotionally. The more I thought about being separated from Noah, the more worried I became.

"Why are you shaking, sweetheart?" Noah's gentle voice rumbled above me and I sighed at the wonderful sound. I hadn't even realized I had been.

"I'm worried Noah..." My voice came out a soft whisper.

"You know you have nothing to worry about, I will always protect you."

I sighed again, looking up to meet his warm, blue eyes.

"I'm not worried about what could happen to me...I-I'm worried about what could happen to you. If I lose y-you-"

"You will NEVER lose me. How many times have we had this conversation, little one? I won't let that happen."

"What if it's out of your control!? You're not indestructible. I know you're strong b-but...but stuff can happen..."

Tears fell from my eyes, landing on Noah.

"I promise, that will never happen. I understand your skepticism. And you're right, I'm not indestructible but I'm pretty close to it. I'm doing everything in my power to keep us together, baby. I refuse to leave you."

He pulled me up to sit me on his lap. My knees falling on either side of his body as he leaned forward to lick the tears from one of my cheeks. "No more crying, sweet girl." As he grew hard underneath me the tears immediately stopped and I had to hold in a whimper.

Shít. This wasn't the time. Especially in the car with a stranger.

"We're almost home. If you're going to cry it's not going to be because you're sad."

Without another word, I let my forehead rest on his shoulder, breathing in his scent. His wonderful, calming scent. So manly, so clean, so Noah.

"You're so stubborn..." I whispered into his ear.

"I'm well aware, baby girl. This is why I refuse to let anything get between you and I. But what would be living, really, if I didn't have you?"