Disapointments and Broken Promises

Start from the beginning

                “I’m not a boy.” Damon spat. “And whomever is your source would be correct.”

                “Hey, no need to get all angry and mark your territory. I’m sure we all know about respecting another man’s territory, right?” Sean’s neutral face soon turned cold as he and Damon held gazes over hate not uttering a word and for some reason I don’t think they were talking about races anymore.

                “You know I’ve heard about you too Sean. Your races in Atlanta and Europe and New York, all over basically I hear you’re pretty good.” Damon spoke. Sean let out a chuckle as he said “pretty good”. “I’ve also heard about you in the romance section.” Damon laughed a bit. I watched as Sean stiffened and flicked his eyes to me briefly before back to Damon. Damon stepped closer to Sean and began dusting off his shoulder. “There are but so many wins you can have Sean, and I am determined to win it all.

Sean looked ready to lunge at Damon but Ian grabbed his upper arm and said something to him and he backed off. Sean turned and looked at me he was about to speak but his phone buzzed. He read the message and paled slightly. I gave him a concerned look but he shook his head a little to tell me not to worry about it. “Can I talk to you Jamie? Alone.” Sean asked. I looked at him curiously and then at Damon.

                “No you can’t. Stay away from her.” Damon growled.

                “I think I was talking to her-not you. So back off kid okay?” Sean sighed. He reached for my hand but Damon pulled me back.

                “I said stay away from her.”

                “Look. You’re really starting to annoy me. And I think she should speak for herself. You just met her and just because you’ve got a little crush doesn’t mean shit. So back off before I make you.” He snapped. I jumped at the tone of his voice and he noticed. His eyes softened a little but still held coldness.

                “Damon…It’s fine. I need to talk to him.” I said lowly not taking my eyes off of Sean. I turned to Damon and he hesitantly gave me a nod. This why I appreciated him and his friends they actually let me make choices and trust my decisions. “We only have a few minutes till your race so I suggest we hurry.” I say to Sean. In seconds he grabs my hand but before I can tug it away he’s already dragging us pass the people and cars. He walks until we are in a non-crowded area but it’s also pretty dark. He gives my hand a squeeze like he use to when we were together he would say, “Just a reminder to know I’m holding on tight to you.”

We stop and no one speaks. I can still see his face a little but like I said it’s dark and we have walked passed civilization. “Jamie…” He begins. “We have to talk about that night. Once we have we can move on and we can forgive each other.”

                “What do you have to forgive me for?” I almost yell. “Tell me what I did that needs forgiving.”

                “You’re right…okay? I’m sorry. But Jamie…you know what we have. You know. I want you back more than anything. Please Jamie, don’t just leave what we have.”

                “Sean…you’re the one who left! I was hurt yes and pained and scared, but never was it me who left…not till now. You broke my heart Sean, you absolutely shredded it and I will never be able to trust a person who did that. I was hurt for so long, I’m still hurting. I loved you! I would have done anything for you! I would have followed you anywhere. But you couldn’t see that could you? You were too caught up in your drama and killings to realize how hurt and loyal and loving I was to you!” By now I have tears sliding down my face and my voice is cracking.