Why Are You Here

**Photo attached is Victor**
Also thank you to everyone who has sent me amazing covers! I will officially be changing the cover and I would like to thank @beckywithegoodhair for hers below:

**Photo attached is Victor**Also thank you to everyone who has sent me amazing covers! I will officially be changing the cover and I would like to thank @beckywithegoodhair for hers below:

"Damon."

We both stared. Me more shocked than him. My breathing was becoming uneven and I could feel every muscle in my body stiffen.

His hands left my body and that was my cue to step back. I should have felt embarrassed for being in his arms so long, but instead I was more focused on the shock of having him right in front of me again.

I said his name...

It felt foreign to have his name leave my mouth.

Actually looking at his face was scary. Not only because it's been so long and he's like a ghost-no, because he looks like someone other than Damon.

The guy I'm staring at is a different Damon.

What do I do? I had no clue.

Do I speak first? I have nothing to say.

Actually, I have a lot I could say. There's so much I could bring up and ask him, but I won't. Why? Because, I'm a coward. I need him to say something first. He owes me that.

Instead he does nothing. He stares and he keeps quiet. He keeps me waiting and hurting.

I lift my right foot prepared to move back when the echo of a door closing catches both of our attentions. His reflexes faster than mine, he gets ahold of my wrist and tugs me into the door he just came out of.

Gently, yet swiftly, the door is closed and my back is pressed against it. I try to focus on the sound of voices in the hall I was just in, but all I can think about is how close Damon is to me and how his hand is pressed on the space next to my ear.

Our staring contest lasts even when the voices fade.

"W-,"

He instantly shushes me, placing a finger to his lips. I take a gulp and force myself to keep my eyes on his and nowhere else.

It was when he eyes began to roam that I realized who I was actually with, and what was actually happening.

I then took the time to notice where I was. The room was almost completely dark. The faint glow settling over the room was coming from a dimmed lamp in the corner. There was a couch and a TV. There was two other doors and then a staircase.

Was this his room or just a hangout?

"You're not going to say anything?"

I hated that I had to be the one to break this intense silence. But who am I kidding? I knew a long time ago he stopped caring.

"Hi." He whispered. Hi? My eyes shut immediately and my lips part just a little. I wanted to curl up and cry. Hearing his voice after so long...the voice that used to make me laugh and smile. The voice that told me I love you almost every night. The voice that tore me apart.