Caught

***Danny in photo***

"I'm fine, really. I don't need any help." I insist for the third time since I've been released from the hospital. Eric has my elbow gripped as he escorts me through the front door. Mom places her purse down on the couch and turns with a sigh.

"You can never be too careful, Jamie."

"I only have some bruises." I'll live.

"Well, until you heal completely expect to be babied by mom," Eric grumbled. Mom cut her eyes at him and he instantly smiled brightly, "And me, of course."

I tried to force a genuine smile, but I still felt exhausted. Eric noticed my body slump against him, so he helped straighten me out to get me to my room. As soon as the door opened I felt a wind hit me in my face. Eric rushed across the room to close my window, but I was too busy staring around the room.

"I don't know why that was open." He locked the window and turned to face me. He gave me a lopsided grin and stuffed his hands in his pockets. "Well...," He stretched out his hands, "Welcome back."

I took my first few steps into the room and sighed. "Good to be back." I walked and collapsed on my bed face down. I winced, forgetting about my bruises, but soon exhaustion took over. I felt Eric remove my shoes and place a blanket over me. When I heard the faint click of a door closing I was out like a light.

The weight of the bed dipped, waking me slightly from my slumber. A hand combed through my hair. I couldn't hold back the soft moan from my lips. My eyes fluttered open and adjusted to the now dark room.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." Trevor whispered.

"You just couldn't wait to get in bed with me, could'ya?" I murmured into the pillow. Trevor chuckled softly and snuggled up closer to me.

"Nope, I couldn't." He admitted, but I could hear the amusement in his voice. We both fell into a comfortable silence. "I slept in here some nights. I missed you, a lot." I turn my body so I could look at him in a better position.

"Is that why my window was open?"

"Yeah, sorry about that."

"How'd you get in here? Eric locked my window."

He was quiet for a moment. "I was hanging out with Eric downstairs, and he fell asleep so I snuck up here."

"Mmm, you're such a rebel." I hummed, wearing a soft smile.

"Oh, yeah? Do I get a kiss for being such a rebel?"

"No, but you will get your ass kicked if Eric finds you in here."

"Fair enough."

"Go to sleep, Trevy poo." His lips pressed to my forehead, and I tucked myself into his body feeling content.