He's Not Here

Damon in photo.

        I stood there for what felt like hours but what was really just minutes. I couldn’t stop the tears running down my face. My head was pounding from my brain trying to process everything that just happened. It all just happened so fast. I don’t understand…I have to get out of here. I have to find them and figure out where they are going. Ian. His name quickly popped into my head. Sean nor Damon said that he was coming along so he must still be here in town.

                You don’t know where their apartment is or his cabin. I groan at the reality of the situation. I have no idea where to find Ian. I realize that I have to call Rick-maybe he knows where their apartment is. My phone is at the table so I wipe my tears away and begin to hurry back inside. My heels echoed in the hallway as I rushed in and turned the corner. I pushed my hair out of my face and released a breath.

                “I love you Jamie.” Damon’s words rang in my head like a record stuck in your mind. And then my mind went back to Sean and his threat or promise-whatever it is. If I don’t go with him then he will kill someone. He must be insane…he can’t threaten me and actually think I’ll willingly go anywhere with him. Before-yes, we did have a plan but after everything that happened that plan was long gone. We were going to travel all over go to races go on adventures. But that’s no life to have…especially not with him.

                I entered the ballroom and kept my head down. I peeped my head up and saw some of my friends out on the dance floor laughing-not even realizing what just happened. I quickened my steps and finally made it to the table.  I pick up my phone and click the home button. A quick out take of breath leaves my mouth as I look at my lockscreen photo. Damon’s face lit up on it with his silly face. I remember when he took the photo. I collapsed into the closest seat and put my head in my hands. Don’t cry. What the hell is happening? Where could he be going? What’s going to happen? All these questions pooling in my head.

                “Where have you been?”

                I snapped my head up and saw Danny standing in front of me.  I swallowed not opening my mouth. My eyes traveled behind Danny and I see Trevor behind him. When my eyes met him his face fell. I guess my eyes were red or my cheeks were puffy but I’m pretty sure you could tell I had been crying. Danny kneeled before me with panicky eyes. His hands delicately grabbed my cheeks and rubbed circles.

                “Hey, hey, hey.” He said getting my attention. “What’s wrong?” I shook my head and looked at his worried brown eyes. “What’s going on sweetie?” Tears began to slide down my cheeks as I tried to find the words to tell Danny.

                “They took Damon.” I spoke shakily. “They left. I just let them leave. I let him leave.” I cried.

                “What?” Danny said.

                “Damon’s gone!” I said with more tone. Danny’s face turned to a shock and confused look. He slowly dropped his hands from my face and stood up tall.

                “I’m…I’ll be right back. Don’t move.” Danny said strictly and quickly turned on his heel.