New Paths

***Danny above*** happy holidays everyone! Sorry for the wait I know you guys are upset it's been so long. But high school is not easy!

"Is it terrible that I was hoping that over break this school somehow burned down?" Lexi mumbled. I laughed and nodded my head in agreement as we walked to our lockers.

"Honestly I feel no different from last year." Rebecca shrugged. "Actually, now that I think about it I think the new year has opened my eyes."

Lexi and I eyed Rebecca with curiosity as we waited for her to explain. I turned my shoulder so I didn't brush against anyone. I was not about to be toppled down on my first day back.

"I don't see how I found half the guys at this school attractive." She grimaced while shaking her head. "Well...actually...your brother's hot Jamie." Her voice held a suggestive tone as she sent a wink to me. I'm pretty sure my face looked disgusted by the way her and Lexi burst out into laughter. "Oh come on! He is."

"As much as I would like to hear you talk about my brother's face, I much rather chew gum from under Ms. Thomas's desk." We all shivered at my statement before we came to a stop outside my locker. "Actually if it makes you feel better, my brother has a little crush on you as well." I sigh sadly while rummaging through my locker.

"Really?" She bit her bottom lip excitedly, heightening my sickness. She tossed her blonde hair over her shoulder, moving her hair from over her cotton pink sweater. Her white jeans clung to her and went amazing with her brown boots. Rebecca was really beautiful- I could see Eric's interest. My gaze moved to Lexi who wore a black hoodie and leggings, but still managed to look amazing. The coldness outside had flushed both of their faces but also gave them a cute shade to their face.

I glanced down at my light blue jeans and button down top that was covered by a sweatshirt. I had my hair pulled back into a bun and stuck to comfortable shoes. A yawn escaped my lips causing me to lean my head on my locker, that was now closed. I had been up late last night and had barely any time to get ready since I had overslept by accident.

"How was your New Year?" Lexi asked, leaning her back against my neighboring locker.
"It was cool." I shrugged. In all actuality it had beyond cool-I had spent most of the night with Trevor. We had snuck off multiple times to sneak in make out sessions here and there, but once midnight came and no one was concerned about our whereabouts, I brought him up to my room and we were together the rest of the night.

Honestly, Trevor was amazing in bed. I couldn't get enough of him. Ever since my birthday we have been obsessed with one another. We've been able to keep it on the low thus far, and that's how I planned to keep it. We both understood this was all just a distraction and meant nothing which is why I enjoyed it so much.

I've managed to distract myself well enough in order to pretend to be okay in front of everyone. No one has questioned me on how I am doing-which I am grateful for, but I know the question is bound to come up.

The school bell rang ending our conversation. They waved goodbye as they rushed off to their classes. I turned to go in the other direction when I remembered I needed to get my binder from my locker. I quickly turned back around and opened my locker. After retrieving the light blue binder I close my locker preparing to turn around, until hands wrap around my waist from behind. I jump at the contact and my body stiffens.

"You left this morning." Trevor mumbled huskily into my ear. My shoulders relaxed and I spun around to face him.

"You know I don't stay Trevor. Plus I had to get back in my room in case someone checked on me." I took a step back and leaned against the lockers locking eyes with the pouting Trevor. His black t-shirt and dark blue jeans made me bite my lip wondering what he would look like without the article of clothing. His palm pressed on my back that arched off the lockers. He stepped closer until I placed a hand on his chest and pushed him away.