A Quiet Day

I woke up from a much needed sleep the next morning. The first thing I did was go to the bathroom and examined the mark on my face. I took some cream and delicately spread it across the scar on my cheek. When my family sees this they're going to flip...

                I walked out the bathroom and sat on my bed. The house was pretty much quite which made me question if anyone was home. I silently exited my room and walked down the hallway to Eric's room. I turned the knob and push the door open prepared to see him sprawled out on the bed. Yet when I opened the door...the bed was empty-and so was the room. I closed the door and jogged downstairs. I looked in every room but it seems like I have the house to myself right now.

                After getting myself some food I made my way back upstairs. I pulled out my phone and answered some text messages. I sighed and leaned back looking around my room. Everything seemed...so quiet. I was actually bored for once. There was nothing to do, or cry over, or try to figure out. I'm just sitting. I end up being so bored that I start calling people. First call: Lexi.

                "Hey Lex." I greet her.

                "Hey! Are you back home?"

                "Yeah. Thanks for that by the way." I sigh knowing she did not have to lie for me.

                "Don't mention it."

                "Do you want to get something to eat?" I ask, needing someone to keep my mind off things.

                "I wish I could-but I have plans with the family today. Another time?" She asks with a hopeful tone. A frown comes across my face but luckily she can't see it.

                "No problem!" I fake happiness. "So I'll catch you later."

                We end the call and I end up making my second call: Rebecca. Well instead of family time she had regular boy time. Now I didn't want to have to end up calling one of the guys who are really Eric's friends-but then my favorite twin's face popped into my head. I ended up calling but no one answered. I groaned and threw my head back into the pillows. I sat for a few seconds and then decided that I'll just go see him myself.

                I slipped on some jeans and a hoodie and quickly put my hair in a ponytail. After making sure I had my phone I quickly found my car keys and went out the door. I don't even know where he lives...I doubt he's at the Warehouse on a Sunday...I bit my bottom lip and then an idea popped in my head making me want to dance. I sent Lexi a text asking her if she knew where the twins lived. Luckily for me she was able to give me their address and a little short cut to get there. And with those directions I was off.

                I pulled up in front of a nice modern style two story home. I parked across the street and made my way to the front door. The garden in front of the house was nicely organized and the colors all popped out at you but in a good way. After admiring the garden my finger lifted and I rung the bell. I heard the barking of a dog on the other side of the door before the door was pulled open. I put on a brave face ready to greet Stephan but the boy who was trying to kick the dog back looked up at me and I was greeted with another face.

                "Matt." I say slightly surprised.

                "Jamie." He nods, showing some confusion as to why I'm here.

                "Um-I just came to see if Stephan wanted to hang out." I smile softly.

                "Oh...Stephan's not here. He should be back-but later tonight." My mouth formed an "o" as Matt explained. I turned my head, my ponytail whipping, hitting my face as I take a glance at my car.