Idiots & a Trip to the mall

Trevor on side ---> Can you see it?

Guess who didn't have school today... :)

Dinner was moving really slowly. We had just began our meal an hour ago, and majority of that time was filled with the adults bombarding me with questions and complimenting me. Every time they would I would nod awkwardly and try to change the subject. I didn’t like all the attention they were giving me, Eric was having a field day though. My mom was too busy laughing with her friends to notice my discomfort. I was glad to see her smile though, it’s been a while since I’ve seen her laugh so hard. There was Liam’s mom, Ms. Tosh, her husband, Mile’s dad, Mr. Joseph, Trevor’s mom, Ms. Lisa, his little sister, Mona, and Danny’s mom, Ms. Jasmine, and his new stepdad, Mark. If I’m correct Mark has a son, who is Danny’s new stepbrother, but he couldn’t make it tonight. I didn’t really listen much of what they were talking about. I was feeling uneasy, especially with Trevor sneaking glances at me.

“What?” I snapped at him in a whisper. He was sitting across from me with a curious gaze on his face. He shrugged in response and looked down at his plate.

            “So, Jamie!” Ms. Jasmine called out to me. I snapped my head in her direction and put on a fake smile. “Your mom was talking about you’re interest in sports. What do you play?”

I smiled shyly and put my fork back on my plate. I licked my lips, and action I do when I’m slightly uncomfortable. “Any sport really. I’m more of a football kind of girl. But I can play anything really, I’m a fast learner.” I smiled. She nodded as an acceptance to my answer.

            “Any boyfriend in the picture?” Trevor’s mom suggested. I quickly put on a face of disgust and shook my head. “I can hardly believe that!” She laughed.

            “Oh, Lisa, trust me it’s by choice.” My mom laughed and picked up her glass to get a drink. I shot her a glare and looked down at my plate not wanting this to be the center topic. “She’s just not interested in anyone anymore.”

            “Anymore? What happened?” Trevor asked. I swallowed the spit that I didn’t notice I kept in my mouth.

            “None of your business.” I said calmly, trying to keep myself together. Why does my mom always do this? She thinks it’s funny to just bring out my life story and laugh-news flash mom, it’s not. I was distracted by the vibration of my phone on the table. Rick’s name flashed across the screen. I slid the green phone symbol across the screen and answered. I said a quick excuse me to the others and stood up.

            “Who is it?” Mom called out.

            “Rick.” I said and I turned to walk to the living room. “Hey stranger.” I said into the phone.

            “It’s been so long since I’ve talked to you.”

            “I know. What have you been up to lately?”

            “Well, I have been sleeping my life away mostly. It’s not like I have you to hang out with anymore.” He chuckled sadly. I sighed and mentally agreed. “So, has any drama come your way yet?”