The Christmas Eve Ball Pt. 2

Their lips had to part sometime.

They both pulled away, slightly gasping for air.

"Stay with me?" Tina smiled.

Newt squeezed her hand. "Forever & always."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The couple re-entered the ballroom.

A waltz started.

"May I have this dance?" Newt held out his hand.

"Yes, you may." Tina took it.

Newt raised her hand.

Tina put one hand on Newt's shoulder as he placed his around her waist.

The two of them swept across the dance floor.

Newt knew the dance very well as he had done it many times with many flirtatious girls.

Tina, however, didn't know it that well.

She stumbled a bit but kept in time.

"Just follow my lead." Newt murmured.

Tina watched his feet & copied the steps. She soon got the hang of it as the dance was quite repetitive. 

There were many other couples on the dance floor, yet, all eyes were on Newt & Tina.

The dance ended.

Newt smiled softly at Tina. I want to kiss her, I want to show everyone she's mine.

Newt leaned in & gave Tina a short sweet kiss, which she responded to eagerly. 

An audible gasp rippled through the crowd.

"NO!!" A voice shrieked.

Violet pushed through the mass of people.

She looked livid.

Leonardo appeared at her side.

"Miss Tina!!" He said sharply, quietly furious.

Violet took out her wand.

"No," Leo whispered to her. "They cannot know. Not yet."

Violet stormed off, with Leonardo in tow.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ballroom was loud with chatter.

"What just happened?" Newt looked confused.

"Violet lashed out," Tina said simply.

"But why?" Newt still looked confused.

"I think it's because she was jealous." Tina laughed slightly at how oblivious her boyfriend could be.

"Of you?" Newt furrowed his eyebrows.

"Yes, Newt." Tina nodded slowly.

Things from the past came rushing back to Newt. The breaking of the picture. The bad attitude towards Tina. The continuous flirting. She loves me?

"I do believe that Violet has a thing for you." Tina shrugged.

Theseus, Leta, Jacob & Queenie made their way to Newt & Tina.

The blonde was holding a glass of wine.

"We saw the kiss & the lash," Theseus explained.

"Is it official yet?" Queenie asked eagerly.

"Yet?" Tina crossed her arms. "Are you waiting for something to happen?"

"Maybe. Now tell me!!" Queenie was slightly drunk.

"Well, I guess you can stop waiting." Newt shrugged.

"YES!!!!" The other 4 yelled simultaneously.

"YES YES YESSSSSSSS!!!!" Another voice came from a potted plant behind Newt & Tina.

"Mother, come out." Newt rolled his eyes.

Theseus facepalmed as the others laughed.

Joanne emerged from behind the pot.

"Were you eavesdropping again, Mother?" Newt asked sternly.

"Whaaaaaaaat? No!! I-I....uh....I found my third feather!!" Joanne conjured up a brightly coloured feather.

Newt glared at her.

"Fine. Yes, I was eavesdropping. Oh, & CCONGRATSSSSSSS." the eccentric woman hugged the couple. "Took a while, what? A year?"

"Over," Queenie added, finishing her glass in one gulp.

The doorbell rang.

The crowd started to line up for another dance.

The live orchestra looked around in confusion.

"No no no!" Joanne called out. "That's just our doorbell!!"

This caused the crowd to burst into laughter.

"Ugh, great." Theseus sighed, defeated. "I told her to change the bell but nooooo."

Newt, Tina, Theseus, Queenie, Jacob & Joanne left the ballroom to see who was at the door.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joane pushed open the doors.

"WILLIAM!!!" She shrieked.

"Father." The two young Scamanders smiled.

A/N

I know it's kinda short. Whateva, judge me all you want. I do not friggin care.

Drama coming soon!!

(Just not yet. So take a breather)

See ya soon!!

- Fangurl_700