Step 2 Pt. 2

"Jayden came by my office 16 times today!!" Tina groaned, flopping onto the couch.

"Wow" Newt said quietly & sat in an armchair.

"Yeah, wow!" Tina sat up.

"How long did he stay for?" Newt asked, worried for her.

"Until Dom had to yell at him & I jinx him out" Tina crossed over to Newt & pecked his cheek.

"Thank you for your concern, though" she smiled.

"Whatever was that for? Not that I'm complaining" Newt rose from the chair to face Tina.

"What's a fake relationship without kisses?" Tina took a step closer.

Newt copied her action & they were, once again, kissing.

A squeal came from the kitchen.

Newt & Tina separated, blushing intensely.

"If only you could hear each other's thoughts!!" Queenie called.

Obviously, all the 'couple' did, was blush even more.

--------------------------------------------

"So, Tina" Dominic walked into her office.

"So, Dom" Tina raised an eyebrow

"When is Newt Scamander coming back?!?" Dominic bounced on his toes.

Tina cocked her head sideways. It was nice to see Dominic loosening up. He was always so uptight & always 'business business business, numbers.' It was refreshing, it was nice, it was...attractive in a way.

"Oh, um....not sure" Tina traveled back to reality.

"We'll tell him to come over!!" Dominic went over to her desk & sat on the edge.

"Please!?!" He made his eyes big & adorable, "for me?!!?"

"Dom, that has never worked before" Tina laughed.

Dominic pushed her head gently towards him.

"Just look into these big adorable eyes, Tina!! How can you say no this time?!" Dominic smiled playfully & flirtatiously.

Tina's eyes locked with Dominic's. They were big & topaz blue. They....they were beautiful.

"Okay, fine!" Tina dropped her gaze.

What was this feeling? Why did she think these thoughts? Just yesterday, this is how she felt for Newt. Now, it's for her.... work partner?!

--------------------------------------------

"Um.... Newt?" Tina knocked on his case.

No response.

Suddenly, the lid flipped open & Tina felt a hand pull her in.

--------------------------------------------

She loved going into the case.

Tina turned to see Newt letting go of her hand & taking off his overcoat & undoing his bow tie. He looked more casual in his white shirt & burnt orange waistcoat.

He turned & smiled at her.

Tina reached for his hand as they strolled through the case. Lacing their fingers together, Newt's shoulders lowered & he looked more relaxed. It was as if he was worried or scared.

Tina felt her strange feelings for Dominic leave her body. For now at least.

--------------------------------------------

"Teen!!" Queenie called "get up here NOW!!"

"Uh-oh, that sounds serious. You better get up there." Newt untangled his fingers from hers.

"Yeah..." Tina smiled softly & walked away.

--------------------------------------------

"What is it Queenie?" Tina entered her sister's room.

"I was just doing my daily sweep of your long-term memory & I found this daydream!!" Using her wand, Queenie  tapped a small flower that had been painted on the wall. Slowly, a small pale pink pensive rose from the ground.

"Wait... you look through my long-term memory daily?!" Tina strode over to witness her incredibly embarrassing daydream from earlier that day.

"Tina?" Dominic edged into the room.

"Yes, Dom?" Tina looked up with love in her eyes.

"Just here to see if you were real. You're like a dream to me"  Dominic walked over to Tina & pulled her up from her chair.

"Aww! You are the best boyfriend a girl could have!! I'm so lucky to have you!" Tina blushed.

"No, I'm the lucky one" Dominic pushed a stray lock of hair behind her ear. Exactly as Newt had done a year ago.

"There is no one in the world I'd rather be with!" Tina smiled.

"That's the true reason why I'm here. Tina, will you marry me?" Dominic got on one knee.

"Dom!! Yes! Of course I will!!" Tina pulled him up from the ground & their lips met.

The daydream suddenly changed. It was Tina's wedding day.

"Do you, Dominic Thomas, take Porpentina Esther Goldstein to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do"

"And do you, Porpentina Esther Goldstein, take Dominic Thomas to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

Tina scanned the crowd. There in the front row, was Mr. Newton Artemis Fido Scamander looking very dapper in a suit & tie.

They made eye contact.

The girl who was getting married & the man she used to love.

"I do"

A/N

Hiya!! Sorry for the late upload. I may have a teensy little, incredibly competitive streak.
But guess what? WE WON THE THIRD GAME!!
64 - 51!!  YEA YEA YEA!

Okay, now some bad news. My phone screen is broken. Not cracked. Broken. It's alway flickering & glitching. So we need to send it to Melbourne to get it fixed. Which means I can't upload until I get it back!! I'm so sorry for the inconvenience. In the meantime, you should totally read EbonySolcum's fic. It's called:

Safe In Your Arms

Read it if aren't already! It's
A-MAY-ZING!!

See ya guys soon!! (I hope)

- Fangurl_700