God, why are parents so orthodox about our career choices? 

I didn't feel like doing anything, so I grabbed my coat, put on my converse and left the room.

I was wandering around with my hands shoved inside the pockets of my coat. That's why I never called my mom. The optimism was crushed as soon as she started speaking. A few strands of my hair were on my face, but I just let them be.

The evening was beautiful with the moon illuminating very little of my surroundings and the wind blowing carelessly. I walked far from where our dorms were, the voice of people portraying all kinds of emotion through the medium of words fading away in the framework.

I was lost in thoughts that resided at the back of my mind while my feet worked and here I was, staring aimlessly as the letter 'The Cube' which were radiating off light on the poorly lit street. 'The Cube' was where we all spent all our time away from classes. The coffee shop we somehow always ended coming to. The building it was located in was quite small with only three floors in it.

I entered and Stephanie, the owner of the cafe, smiled at me. "Bad day?"

"Oh, you don't wanna know," I shook my head with despair.

"I'll get you your usual, go find a place," she gave me a warm smile.

"Hey, can I go up on the roof?" I knew it was lovely up there.

Steph lived in this same building with her fiance, and she was soon moving out. She was an excellent barista and bubbly person to be around, and we became good friends with her in a tiny amount of time.

"Yeah, you can," the moment she said that I ran up not bothering to listen what she had to say.

The sky looked so serene and pure. It was the epitome of beauty — so far away, unattainable and at peace. Apart from the breathtaking view of the sky, I also found a guy, sitting there cross-legged, his back facing me, with his hands hugging his knees to his chest and his vision fixed on the sky. The unfinished task of closing all the zips on the leather jacket spoke volumes about the identity of the guy. Now I know why Steph's consent was followed by a 'but.'

As soon as I took one step forward, the guy whipped his head around, and I was met with jade green eyes, twinkling at me. His lips curved up to a smile. "Stalker."

"Me, stalking you? Yeah dude, not happening," I cringed.

"How do you successfully manage to end up wherever I plan to be?" Noah asked.

"I end up wherever I want to be, you're just a frequent and unfortunate coincidence," I told him, sitting in the same position as him.

"Frequent? Sure. Unfortunate? I don't think so, I mean look at me," he gave his usual cocky smile.

"Meh, I've seen better," I shrugged.

I hadn't.

He shook his head at me in amusement. "Steph didn't tell you I was up here?"

"She tried to, but I ran up before she finished talking," I chuckled.

"You had a bad day, too?"

I was surprised how he figured that out seeing as the expression on my face had been neutral. "Is that how you found this place?" I answered his question with another one.

"Yeah, Steph knows I come here on a daily basis and doesn't let anyone else come up."

"Guess she likes me more than everyone else," I owned a smug look.

"Why are you having a bad day? Got two marks less on a test?" he mocked.

"What? No, shut up. It's just my mom. My grades haven't been the same lately, and my mom didn't really want me to study Econ. She wanted me to choose the medical field, much like her and dad. My dad is cool with it but my mom, she never fails to reprimand me about how poor of choice I made," I blurted out everything to him.