Chapter 30: Morning Light

I got up from sitting close to the windowsill, wiped the tears from my face, and was about to head out to apologize to my friends when I accident ran and fell into Henry who was standing in doorway when I wasn't paying attention. Ouch. I hope I didn't hurt him. I looked down on him, and when he looked at me, I broke down in tears. I then kissed him like I haven't seen him in 100 years. He kissed me back and sat up so I was on his lap. We pulled away and laid his hand on my cheek, and I noticed my friends sitting on the floor, making me blush a little. They must have been here all night. That just made me cry more. I love them so much. I wiped my tears a little and told all of them, "I'm so sorry for the way I treated you guys last night. I was just angry and scared that I might lose the only loving and caring family I never had in my life. Great friends like all of you," I motioned to the girls, "A beautiful boy like you", I said looking in Henry's eyes, who smiled embarrassingly, "are rare for me to find,and I don't intend on losing it no matter what."

They then joined me and Henry for a group hug, and I almost couldn't breathe as they squeezed me tight. I was grateful to have people care for me with all their hearts, just like I did with them. When the hug broke, Henry shared another kiss with me and the girls all awwed and called us adorable. As I smiled in embarrassment, I rested my head a little on his, and he was holding my hands. Then, he helped me stand up, and I asked, "By the way, were you guys here the whole night?" Jade answered, "Yeah, but we only left to go to the bathroom." That made me laugh, and they all did, too. Then, I snapped back to reality. I knew what I had to do to keep my place here, but I needed to do some things first. "I need you guys to help me before my family comes to try to bring me back with them", I told them. They nodded and I led them to the main castle square.

I looked for the new Soldier that came yesterday, and when I found them, I asked, "How long ago did my parents hire the hunter to search for me?" They responded, "A few days after Martha was brought back." "How long did it take you to come here riding on Martha?" They thought for a minute, and said, "About a day, I think." That made me wonder. My family could be coming anytime today, but since they're not used to environments outside of the town, they might take a little longer. I had an idea then to go up to highest tower and use a pair of binoculars to try to see where my family might be at this moment. When I checked, they weren't exactly very close to the castle, but it seemed like they'd be here in a day or sooner.

Before doing anything else, I decided to give Martha to Emerson, who looked so cute and excited when he met her. She immediately loved him, and my heart was so happy seeing them be so compatible with each other. He deserves her, and she deserves to finally be with a family that won't mistreat her and treat her as an equal. Emerson then looked over to me and gave me the biggest hug he's ever given me. It always baffles me how his smile make me grateful he exists. I kissed Martha goodbye and left her in good hands. I then decided to head to the music hall with my friends and show them the song I showed Henry, and they were all just bawling their eyes out when I finished. Everyone else who was there, including Remington, applauded me and congratulated me for writing such a beautiful song.

I then decided to pay a visit to Luis, who was taking some shots of the gardens. I gave him a special book I made for him to save his projects in, and he smiled in a cute, awkward way and even took a photo of us and then me with my friends and Henry. He was literally the coolest and so talented, too. It's no wonder the kings admire him and use him to take photos and make films of them and the Royal Council. Then, I got a pang of fear in my heart, and I realized my family was here. When we got back to the main grounds, I saw my parents and my sisters who all look like they've been through Hell. They never liked being outside of civilization, so I'm surprised they survived even a few hours. I hid from their view as did my friends, and waited to see if they might leave if they couldn't find me.

They pretty much went everywhere in The Void, and I followed from a far enough space to avoid being discovered. They kept asking around if they seen a girl named Lieseil, and when some Soldiers lied and said they've never met me, others will say they haven't seen me and don't know where I am. I got a little pissed when my sister Francine made fun of some Soldier's fan art, but held it back for now to stick with the plan. It was alright, though, because another Soldier called her out for being a bitch, and she just walked away like the coward she always was. I was almost in the clear to finally be rid of them, until my worst fear occurred. They got up to the throne room, and to make things worse, all three boys were there. My heart was pounding as I expected the worst. My mother looked at Sebastian and asked him, "where is my daughter, Lieseil?" They looked surprised and then Sebastian said, "you guys are her family?" My father responded, "Of course we are. She comes from the highest of people like us." I rolled my eyes at that statement. Oh, NOW I'm part of their family. What a joke. Then, Emerson spoke up. "You don't need to flaunt her around like she's some kind of prize dog. She's a lot more than a privileged child, she's a kind, generous and selfless person who cares so much about her loved ones and deserves to be treated with more respect."

I couldn't believe my ears. Emerson defending my honor. He'd probably give his life to protect the ones he cares about most. Then my stupid sister, Priscilla, had to open her big mouth, "What do you know about her? In fact, what makes any of YOU so special? You're way too young to be ruling a small, insignificant kingdom, you dress like a bunch of weirdos, and anyone who follows you are either stupid, sad, or are attention-seeking losers!" "SHUT THE HELL UP, YOU DUMB BITCH!!!" I stormed in with my friends and a large number of Soldiers behind us and finally got my family's undivided attention.

😱😱😱 OMG!!! Lieseil finally comes face-to-face with her family again, but this time she will not swallow it down anymore. Hold on tight as we conclude this beautiful and surprisingly loved story about what it means to me to be a Soldier of the Royal Council. Thank you all so much for all the love and praise. You've made me so happy, and I am so grateful to write this story.