Chapter 25: White

My heart stopped and my body was shaking as I tried to take in what I just saw in front of me. A figure crouched in a room guarded with a glass wall, it's head in their arms folded twitching. It's back was facing me and it was wearing a white straitjacket. There was something written on the back of it, I tried to make it out:

Have you ever wanted to
slip into the void
- never to be seen again?

Well one day: that day is today
PATIENT X
love the void

After I read what was written, the figure turned his head, and looked right into my eyes. I caught my breath as I saw the face of the figure, which looked a lot like Michael's. His eyes were bloodshot red and his teeth looked chipped and broken. His hair was dirty and looked like the color in it had faded to something horrible. He got up and started running to me, and ended up running into the glass wall. I inched away slowly, so as to not alarm him. His head started bleeding and he was glaring at me. I was a little scared he make be alarmed, so I didn't look away. His eyes were the only thing that made him look exactly like Michael, and made me wonder what exactly was this thing that looked like him.

"Lieseil!" I jumped as I heard my name shouted by Sebastian as he and the others with the exception of Henry and Andrew found me in the mysterious room where the Michael look-alike was found across from me. Michael walked to me and looked at his copy, and then to me. His face turned serious, and then a little sad. "If I explain this to you, will you promise not to judge me?" he asked me with an apprehensive tone. I nodded yes, reassuring him he has nothing to worry about. He then looked back to his friends, then looked back to me before starting his story. "So, I'm guessing they already told you how I was in trouble with myself a long time ago?" I nodded again. "Well, then I guess I have to tell you what I went through and what I had to do to take care of myself. The mind is a temple, and everything you think is perfect. Unfortunately, there was a time when not everything I thought felt perfect. I fell too hard under the influence of negative thoughts and habits, and soon enough, I reflected those negative thoughts toward my friends."

"They tried to help me the best I could, but those thoughts kept coming back, and I was afraid I wouldn't be string enough to fight them. It was like my mind was my enemy. Then, Emerson gave me a useful tip that I believed might help me. He once said 'If a Buddha has no head, then he has no ego. When one get rid of their head is when you can truly access their soul.' That made me believe that if I removed my head, I'll be back to normal. So, I separated my mind from my body, and ended up with Patient X," he motioned to the terrifying figure. "I felt the negativity wash away, but I couldn't let it go and infect everyone else. So, I kept it here so I could protect others from getting hurt." I didn't have the words for everything I just heard. I didn't expect his road to recovery to be this drastic and extreme. But, part of me couldn't turn him away for this because his heart was pure and he had a good soul. So, to help remind him I wouldn't turn him away, I reached for his arm and looked in his eyes. "Maybe this isn't the best way to heal yourself, but that doesn't make you a bad person. If the kings could see your good heart, there's no reason I shouldn't be able to as well. I can help you fight this personal demon, but only if you'd let me."

He looked at me for the longest time, and started tearing up. I let him cry on my shoulder, and noticed the boys smiling at me with great joy and pride as they cried a little, too. Michael dried up his tears a little after, and led me to another part of the room. There was a door marked with a large eye o it, and then Michael unlocked it. He entered first, and I followed after. We were in the same room as Patient X, and this time, I wasn't afraid. He was glaring at us with anger in his eyes, and was breathing heavily. I took a deep breath, and slowly started walking toward him. He gave me a warning growl and gnashed his teeth, so I halted for a moment then walked slowly again. As I got closer, he seemed to become apprehensive. My heart was beating so fast, but I swallowed bravely until I was a few feet away from him. He just stood there with the same threatening expression, and I took his face in my hands and said to him in a soothing and calm voice. "I know this isn't who you are. This is just the vulnerable part of you. You are not an evil person. You just need reminding that you are not alone and there will always be people who love you who you are, no matter what." Patient X's face started softening and his body started loosening up from being so tense. He then looked at Michael and starts walking toward him. They looked at each other with wide eyes that started filling up with tears, and then Michael took his other half into his arms and held on to him.

They cried in each others arms and I saw Patient X smiling. Before I knew it, he started fading away and all that was left was Michael and me. He smiled at me and embraced me with such relief in his heart. When we let go and exited the room, I realized the boys saw everything when their faces were stained with tears. Michael went to hug them, and the love that was in the room moved me. The moment ended when Andrew rushed in a concerned look in his eyes. "It's Henry. You need to come see him."

😵😵😵 MY GOD! This chapter took forever to write because I wasn't sure where to go with it, and it's probably crappy anyway. Either way, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and will stick around for more because the story isn't over yet. 💖💖💖