Chapter 20: Hospital Beds

I was grieving for probably a week, which made some people worry, but I reassured them I was okay which was half-true. The last time I was depressed when someone special in my life left was when I stopped hearing from Alex when I was younger, but she ended up being here the whole time. I didn't know how long it would be before I might feel normal again. I thought of all this as I heard two people walk in and walk toward me as I lay in my bed.

It was Alex and Henry with concerned faces, which made me a little sad as I never wanted them to worry about me in a bad way. Henry spoke first, "Hey, Lieseil. I understand you're still going through a hard time. But, we miss you and hope you doing okay." I didn't really look at them, "I'm fine. I guess I'm still in shock. Never lost someone like this. No one who meant that much to me anyway." Alex came then, "It's okay, Lieseil. I didn't know them that well, either. But I know they were really kind and wanted everyone to be happy. Just like what Palaye Royale wants from all of us." I kept staring at the ceiling, taking in the words slowly but carefully. I hope to be as emotionally strong as them someday. Then, again, I never gave in to the environmental attitudes of everyone around me where I used to live, and I was not weak after having my heart broken for the first time in my life. Maybe this was just a normal reaction to a tragic event like this. But, I wasn't alone in this. I had my friends and a loving family to help me.

Then, Alex took my hand and had a glow in her eyes. "I think I know what might help you. I want to take you to the counseling center that I told you my family helps out at." I then looked at her, skeptical. "It's sort of like a mental infirmary that Soldiers who are depressed or a little unwell emotionally can go to recover and receive help and care from fellow Soldiers and sometimes the kings and queen." I sat up as she gave out this information. I wasn't so sure, but I think it might help a little if I can also help others. I looked at Henry who gave a reassuring smile, then back at Alex and said, "okay, let's go." Then I got up and put on my key necklace, and left with my friends. We made our way to a new place in the castle that I've never seen before. I should really find time to explore because it's just so big and interesting. When we got there, it looked like both a hospital and a youth center. My friends told me it was called Crystallized Staircase. My God, the names of these places are just pure poetry.

There were many Soldiers around the place, doing various activities and helping each other out for different things. Alex explained a bit more about the infirmary. "Here Soldiers come whenever they are feeling down because of the toxicity of the outside world or if they just need a boost, and they can come here by taking musical therapy by listening to Palaye Royale's music or other music that might help them, creating fan art that relaxes them, or just finding fellow Soldiers that will talk to them if they need someone to talk to." I was amazed at how interactive it was. "This is incredible", I declared. "Yeah, it is", Alex responded, "Also, some Soldiers can find peace of mind and heart by helping out with the newspaper, The Royal Times. Its a weekly newspaper Palaye Royale came up with to create self-awareness for their Soldiers and inspire them to create again. Soldiers can share art, inspirational quotes, and just various things that have motivated them to keep going in their lives." The boys never seem to stop impressing with how much they contribute to their devoted followers.

Then, at the corner of my eye, I saw Queen Stephanie who was talking with a Soldier who seemed like they. were a bit sad, but looks like they're glowing again. She saw me and came to embrace me in a hug. I was so happy to see her again, and her hug was so calming, it helped me feel a little better. She had such a sweet smile when she turned to face me. "Hi, Lieseil. It's been so long since I've seen you. How are you?" I responded, "Honestly, I was a little shaken this week, but I think I feel a little better now." Her smile grew bigger, and she took my hands into hers. "I'm so glad to hear that. It's Sunday today, you know what that means." I turned to Alex and Henry with a questioning look. Then, Henry answered my question, "Every Sunday, we have something called Royal Television, which is held in the theater when a new film comes in containing footage of the boys lives outside of performing and working. It's very entertaining and funny." "You're going to love it," Alex remarked. I wonder what it might be like, but I was excited.

When it was time for Royal Television, the Soldiers gathered at the theater and I sat with my friends. It took some time for the film to be set up properly by Luis, so we waited until it was time. Then, the movie started playing, and I did not have the words for what I just witnessed. Sebastian being a goof while drunk, Remington being cute with glasses on, and Emerson just being an adorable little bean. My favorite part though, was when Remington got a potato and to my surprise, named it Henry. I laughed at Henry, who laughed back. What I didn't expect was when I learned that Henry the potato was killed by Emerson, and made human Henry uneasy. I honestly found it funny, because Emerson looks like a passionate person. A few of us spotted ourselves, including me when we had that concert when I first got here. When the film ended, we all applauded and congratulated Luis for making is happy again with an amazing piece of work. He was so cute being shy and modest.

When the say was over, I started to feel a little better. I'm still here and I've got friends and a beautiful, loving family here who support me and make me happy and accept me for who I am and I'm so freaking grateful to be alive for that. I knew that living the rest of my life in love and positivity will surely keep me happy and content.

*GASP* Yes! I've been wanting to put in Royal Television in this story sometime soon because it was one of the things that made me love Palaye Royale more than I thought I would. And, of course, I was going to implant the Henry the Potato joke somewhere in this story since the majority of you kept commenting about it. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and remember to keep spreading #PalayePositivity. 💖💖💖