Chapter 12: Get Higher

We left the antique shop and made our way toward what almost looked like a beauty shop. There were chairs and vials and bottles with labels on them. All the Soldiers who were there were sitting on the chairs with different things in their hair, like tin foil or rollers. But, when they were done, their hair looked so gorgeous. I wonder how I would look after.

Me and my friends walked up to the front desk and waited until a woman with short, brown hair and beautiful chocolate eyes approached us with the prettiest smile ever. She must have been the owner of the shop. She spoke in a sweet voice, "Hi guys, who's this pretty young girl?" I blushed while waving embarrassingly. "This is Lieseil", Jade replied, "She's here to get ready for the concert tonight." I nodded at the comment. "So nice to meet you, Lieseil. I'm Larisa" the shop owner said to me with a smile. "I'm going to make sure you look amazing and stunning." She led me to my chair and I sat while she wrapped something like a blanket around my neck to cover my body. I looked at my reflection in the mirror and she did too as she examined me and I waited a few seconds before she spoke again. "You have very pretty long hair, but I think I can make it better."

I started to feel a little nervous, because I never got my hair done (at least for myself), and most times I didn't care because I was never excited for the formal events my parents threw and I didn't exactly feel great about my appearance since I never felt it was me but what everyone else wanted me to be. But, now I have people here who genuinely care about me and want me to feel accepted and just be myself.

"Okay. I trust you. 100%", I assured her. She giggled a little and started working on my hair. She made my hair wet a little, then started trimming. The sound of my hair being cut was quite relaxing. I felt a sense of serenity. Then, she started putting a strange-smelling substance in my hair and started massaging it into my scalp. It helped me relax a little more as I let some of my worries wash away as she did her thing.

After about half an hour of working on my hair, Larisa took the wrap off of me and turned my chair so I could look at myself. I almost didn't recognize the girl looking back at me. My hair was shorter (and cuter!), and it was wavier than before. As I examined myself and my new hairstyle, I couldn't help but smile at how beautiful I looked. I never felt this great about my appearance, and it didn't seem stuck-up of me.

I got up to show my friends, and I never felt more like a girl in my life. All the girls were squealing and complimenting me and I never felt so loved for a touch-up. I turned to Henry and was not prepared for the look he gave me. The look in his eyes made me slightly nervous and I blushed a little. It was like he saw an angel in front of him and he was in awe. I finally smiled a little when he snapped out of his spell and looked down, embarrassingly. "You look really nice", he said with his cheeks slightly flushed. I replied, "Thanks" while my friends all looked at me with with devilish grins, "What?" Emily broke the silence, "oh, nothing. Come on, let's go do your makeup with the Palette Royale."

The makeover was unlike any I've ever seen, as they painted my eyes red and black, and drew an x under my left eye and a small cross near the corner of my right eye. It was odd, but I liked it. I was so excited for the concert. I've been to musical concerts before, but they were mostly classical and as much as I appreciated it, it didn't exactly excite people like the Soldiers are about this one by Palaye Royale. This just might be an unforgettable experience for me.

AAAHHHH! I'M STILL ALIVE! Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Life has been getting in the way and I had to work some things out. I hope to finish this fanfic before I start school again next month or I won't be able to update for a long time, and I don't want to leave you guys hanging for too long. Anyway, thanks for the reads and votes. I love the Royal Council with all my heart. 💖💖💖