Chapter 15: All My Friends

The next day, I woke up in my room and looked around the blank spaces and emptiness of the area. At first, it seemed a little depressing, but I saw it as potential to make it however I want. I got up and gathered some old things I brought such as my favorite stuffed animals, doodles I made whenever I was bored, a few art supplies, and scrolls of parchments written with my favorite quotes as well as blank ones. I put them on my bed, on the wall, on some tables, and anywhere I could find space. I was so excited to finally make something I wanted for myself and myself only.

I decided to leave a stuffed elephant on my window, then I was looking out of it. I admired all the Soldiers who were talking with each other and making each other happy. I felt so comfortable and secure in this place, I hoped I could stay forever. The rest of the world seemed cold and judgemental. No matter what you did, you'll still be told that you're not good enough. The Royal Council was different, though. Everyone here had the same issues and aren't as perfect as the rest of the world wants to be. We all knew what it was liked to want to feel accepted for who we are, and we were able to find it here. I finally found a home for myself here with young individuals like me and a royal family who felt like a caring mother and brothers to me than my own family.

As I was thinking all of this to myself, I saw one Soldier in particular who caught my eye. She seemed familiar, like I met her before I came to the Void. Then, like a lightbulb, I immediately knew.

"Alex?"

I ran out of my room and made my way to the main square. I was breathing so hard, and my heart was pounding. Has she been her the whole time? How long has she been here? Why didn't she tell me where she had been or where she was going? I got into the crowd and was afraid I lost her. I looked frantically, until she was a couple feet away from me with hed back turned. I walked slowly toward her, nervous and excited at the same time. When I was only a few feet behind her, I built up enough courage to speak. "Alex?"

She turned to face me, and it was like everything that I lost came back way too fast. She looked at me and was surprised as well. She wasn't wearing her gloves anymore, and now I finally know why. She was a Soldier like me, after all this time, I realized I was spending time with another Soldier in my youth. She spoke to me, breaking the silence. "Lieseil, is that you?" I nodded while trying not to cry. She walked toward me and smiled the sweet smile I missed when we were younger. I asked to see her hand, and she let me take it, so I could see the beautiful X on her right hand. I showed her mine, and started crying. She hugged me and I hugged back so tightly. I found my best friend after she left without a warning, and I'm so happy she's just like me.

After about 30 minutes of happy tears and reuniting, we sat somewhere to catch up and clear up what happened. I asked her about where she's been all this time and why didn't she tell me she was leaving or where she was going. She answered every question. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you I was leaving. My parents told me we were leaving without warning me earlier and I never got a chance to let you know. They didn't even tell me where we were going so I was a little scared. Part of me was glad go leave that horrible place because I felt like an outcast there, but the other part was sad because I didn't want to leave you alone. It took about a week of traveling, until we got to where we were supposed to go. This place, The Void. Apparently, my parents had a young relative who came here, and was able to live a better life outside of the judgemental world. They knew about my X when my relative showed me his. I was surprised because I thought only you and me had these marks. I didn't mention yours because I didn't understand and wanted to keep us safe from looking crazy.

"Anyway, we met Palaye Royale when they were a little younger, and they were just starting this rock music and building a group of fans and followers called the Soldiers of the Royal Council, which if you didn't know was an anagram for the Queen's initials. They're so sweet. So, they were playing songs they they don't play anymore like Morning Light, Primary Propaganda, Die For Something Beautiful, The Underground, Death Is A Party, Invite All Your Friends, Cementaries No. 01 and Cementaries No. 02. I still have those on a record, so I can show you later. So, anyway, we found a better place here with kind people and a caring queen and kings. I wasn't able to tell you where I was because we didn't want anyone to take us from here. But I had a feeling in my heart that you would find this place anyway. It's where we were destined to be."

It took a while for me to process all that information. I was a little sad she couldn't get to me to keep her family safe, but I understand. I'm so glad I've been in her thoughts all this time. "I'm so happy you're okay", I said after a while. "I hope your family's okay". She smiled and said, "oh, don't worry. They help some Soldiers with classes and counseling." I was so happy, I hugged her again, and didn't let go this time.

YAAAAYYYY! ALEX IS BACK! I told you we would see her again. My God, over 500 reads on this poorly-written fanfic? It just gives me more motivation to keep writing. I hope you all are genuinely enjoying this story and sharing it with other Soldiers who can use some distraction. Love You All!!! 💖💖💖