Chapter 3

Author's note: Been a long time coming, I took way too long, but I sort of forgot I actually finished this chapter so.... here it is. Hope you enjoy, and please be patient with my posting of this story, I am putting a lot of time into this, and also working on multiple other projects, so bare with me a little.

More chapters are coming, trust me, I am not giving up on this story.

***]

The bell rings and I am brought out of my daze. Last night, Beth didn't return. She stayed with Andrew for the whole night. In the morning, I walked to school with Melisa. We didn't talk much, but in a way it was for the best. I can't stop thinking of what demons would want with Melisa. From what I can sense, and see, she's a normal high school girl. Nothing out of the ordinary. The halls are empty when I turn to go to class. I sigh. There must be something. Maybe, Beth can help. I didn't see her yet, so I'm starting to wonder if something happened. I close my locker and walk towards the class. Inside, Melisa and Beth sit next to each other and Andrew sits one desk away from Melisa. An empty desk sits between the two of them. I go and sit. Beth and Andrew say hi and I say it back. We don't say much. Mr. Williams gives me a smile and starts the lesson. Something feels off. Not sure why, but something is off. I brush it off, for now.

I barely listen to Mr. Williams. I'm too caught on what Gabriel explained last night. What would the demons want with Melisa? I look over at her. She is caught in the lesson and occasionally takes a few notes. I don't get it. Nothing seems off about her. She's a normal 16 year old girl. There has to be something I missed, anything. If there was something, I'm certain I could sense it..... I think. Honestly, it's hard to say. There's no doubt that there's something wrong today, but what?

Am I starting to sense something about her? That wouldn't make sense, I always sense the bad things instantly..... Unless this isn't something bad. If not, why would I sense it? I mean seriously, the others used me as a tracking device once. I'm pretty sure I should know that this is bad. Gabriel, you need to be more specific with me.

"Angel?" Mr. Williams says, taking me out of my daze. I completely forgot I was looking at Melisa. "You can look at girls on your own time, I asked you a question."

I shake my head. "Sorry sir, what was it again?"

He looks at me, annoyed. "I hate repeating myself." He rubs his eyes, then looks back at me. "I asked if you were aware that you were looking at Mrs. Clark for four minutes and if her lesson is more interesting than mine?"

Melisa looks at me confused. I try to ignore her. "Sorry sir. I zoned out for a sec."

He sighs. "You realise that I've heard many of these excuses?"

"What do you mean?" I ask.

Another sigh. "I always have a boy in my class that stares at a pretty girl, they always say the same thing. 'Sorry sir, I was looking at an Angel', or, 'Sorry sir, I was mesmerised by the booty'. I heard what you said three times already. First warning." He turns back to the board and continues the lesson.

I can feel the cold stare of Beth, and Melisa, next to me. I keep my head facing the front of the class. Mr. Williams looks over at me every now and then, to be sure I'm not looking at Melisa again. I think its best that I don't, or else I will really need to explain. I think it's best to speak to Beth, since she's Melisa's Guardian as well. Definitely not Melisa, or else she might start to freak out. Last time one of the guys I was guarding found out about me, he freaked out and got himself killed. I try to keep my attention to the lesson, but from the corner of my eye, I see a note being passed towards me. When it reaches me, I grab it as fast as I can without Mr. Williams noticing. I unwrap it and it reads: