Chapter 26

Myra's P.O.V.

Almost a week and a half was spent traveling. With so many children, we constantly had to stop to feed them or change their diapers or sleep. Rick didn't sleep much. He always looked so paranoid. The babies slept a lot. With nothing else to do, it was understandable. 

I was itching to see Damen and hoping that dad was doing okay. I was super nervous on our last day traveling. Sophia was freaking out while Aspen tried comforting her and telling her that everything will be okay. Evan was smiling and contantly asking questions. He was sad when I told him that he wasn't going to see his grandma. 

~~~~~~~~

Rick drove all of the way to the front of the pack house. Damen was standing outside, looking amazing as always. I missed him terribly. When my door opened, it was like it was just the two of us. Everything had come to a stand-still and then a second later we were hugging hard and crying and smiling and kissing. Our love for each other had increased over the last couple of weeks.

I never wanted to leave his arms again. In that moment, I understood what my father was feeling. Life without Damen would be a miserable and sad life. I couldn't imagine my life without him.

"Hi," He said shyly.

"Hi," I responded.

Sophia and Aspen stepped out of the car. Sophia held Evan close, fear of the unknown etched onto her face. Aspen held Sophia around the waste.

Aspen smiled. "So this is the infamous Damen Connery, I take it?" He arched his eyebrows. "The traitor of the hunters, but ally of our kind."

Damen tensed a little. "I guess you could say that, but I am just as werewolf as any of you."

"That's Aspen." I mentioned. "Play nice."

"He has your striking eyes." He shrugged. "I could instantly see the resemblance."

I nodded. I pointed to Sophia. "That is Sophia, Aspen's mate."

Damen stepped closer and held out his hand.

Sophia cringed.

"I don't bite!" Damen laughed. "Plus, I have to keep up my reputation as alpha, ya know? So, I won't bite you."

Sophia smiled slightly and shook his hand. "This is Evan."

Damen smiled at Evan. "Hi!"

"You uncle Day men, right?"

"Yep."

"Auntie like you a lot, so I like you too!" Evan chirped. 

Damens eyes glance into the minivan. I walked over to the mini van and pulled out Jacob. "He's gotten big," I said. "They are growing twice as fast as a normal werewolf."

I handed Jacob to Damen. "Wow." He said. "I missed them terribly. Where are my baby girls?"

I reached in the van and pulled out Harper. "Amelia is asleep but here is Harper."

"She's big!"

"I know. They are almost as big as Aspen's twins."

Damen's eyes filled with tears again. "Don't ever go away for that long, again! It was so horrible!"

Rick walked up to us.

"Hey Rick," Damen greeted. "Alright. I'll dhow you all where your rooms are, so we can move all of the stuff and get you situated."

Aspen and Sophia nodded in response.

~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of the day was filled with back-breaking work. We had gotten all of the stuff moved and almost everything unpacked before dinner. Over dinner we all talked about ourselves.