Chapter 7

Myra's P.O.V.

"Damen! Are you crazy!" I spat, rising to my feet. "What if they don't accept us? Then what! We would die!" My face felt red hot with fury.

He let his sandy hair fall into his eyes. "I just thought-" He trailed off. "I thought we'd be happier there." He stepped a little closer to me and set his hand on may still-so-flat-I-don't-even-look-pregnant stomach.

I sighed. "I would be but-I just don't want to die." I put my hand against his soft cheek, looking at him sadly. "I don't know anymore. I thought I'd have this picture perfect life ahead of me, and if I go back," I paused, "That- that could end it all. We've worked so hard and been through so much, when we barely know eachother." I let my hand drop to my side.

He was afraid to look at me. I felt it. I hated being mad at him. He didn't ask for this. "Are we even supposed to be mates?" Damen said.

"What?" I said stumbling backwards, falling to my butt. 

"I mean, I was given the werewolf gene. I wasn't born with it, like you. Aren't mates determined when you are born? You know. Born as a werewolf."

I felt rejected. My heart was pounding and my chest felt like it was about to explode. "Maybe they knew that this would happen to you," I whispered. "The gods and goddesses must've had a reason."

He sighed. "Maybe."

I was starting to feel heartbroken. After all we have been through, he was starting to second-guess his actions. Tears welled up in my eyes for the second time since I've met him. I didn't try to hold them back; I just let them roll down my cheeks.

"Myra," Damen whined. "Don't act like that. You know it's true. There is probably another wolf out there looking for you."

I stared at him hard. "You don't get it, do you?" I shook my head. "I only smell you! You would be my mate even if you didn't get poisoned!"

He tensed. "I-I'm sorry. I didn't know."

I walked away from him and sat down in the grass. "I'm sorry, too. We probably should give my parents and pack a chance."  Careful, Myra, My wolf warned. "But that's just it. I don't want to risk our lives and it isn't just our lives we have to worry about now."

Damen looked at me frustrated. He whispered to himself and i could tell that he was arguing with his wolf. 

"Damen. Please calm down. We will give them a chance," I sighed, defeated. "But we have to be cautious and I need to try to learn to control my shifting." I shivered slightly, and winced when a voice boomed through my head.

Myra! Where the fuck are you? My dad yelled through mind link. I gasped. "Damen."

"What is it?" He asked.

"My dad is mad. He just asked where I'm at. What do I say?" 

"We are going back, right? So tell him the truth." He smiled weakly.

"Okay. I'll tell him." I mind linked my father. I'm coming, Dad. We will be home soon. He was just very far away and it took a while to get to him.

Oh, thank goodness you're okay! I thought that you were going to run away or something, He said back.

"Uh- we should probably get going, then," I said nervously. 

He stepped back from me and started to take off his clothes. I turned around, blushing.

"Here, Myra," He said holding out the clothes and his shoes. I put them into our bag and looked up. "Ready to go, babe?" He teased, putting a hand on his hip.