Chapter 20

Myra's P.O.V.

It only took about an hour to get everything unpacked and by then Jacob and Harper were hungry. Evan got to help with Jacob. Sophia took Harper while Aspen and I unpacked and got the babies bed's set up. Amelia slept in her car seat while we worked around her. I was going to be cooped up in the guest room with the babies, since it was the only extra room.

Luckily, it was quite spacious. Aspen took down the doors to the massive walk-in closet to make more room. I put the head of my bed in there, with the foot of the bed sticking out. We aligned the playpens against the wall opposite of the closet. I stacked my clothes on top of the clothing racks in the closet.

"Myra!" Evan called, "Jacob done! Can you get him? He's too heavy for me!" I headed down the stairs and picked jacob up off of Evan's lap.

"Thank you for helping," I said.

Sophia laughed. "Evan is great with his sisters, too. Oh! Harper is done!"

"Can you burp her for me? I'm gonna try to lay Jacob down."

"Of course. I'll bring her up when she's done." 

"Thanks." I placed Jacob on my shoulder and burped him as we went up the stairs. I sat on the end of my bed and rocked him in my arms. "Can you get a blue pacifier out of the diaper bag please?" I whispered to Aspen.

He sifted through the bag and handed me one. "You are great with your kids," He complimented. "Sophia wasn't that great with Evan but she's way better now."

I laughed, plopping the pacifier in Jacob's mouth. "You should have seen me at first! When they would cry, I'd be so close to pulling my hair out. I guess I just know what they need just by the look in their eyes." I shrugged. "Maternal instinct, I guess."

Aspen sat on the bed next to me. "You really are something, Myra."

"Um, thanks?"

"It's a good thing. You are just so cut out to be a mom," He continued.

"Well, it's been much harder for Damen. He doesn't have any experience with kids. Apparently hunters take away the kids from their parents and raise them to be these emotionless things," I explained. "They still see their parents, but, from what I understand, they manipulate their relaionships. He also has this inner hatred for werewolves, even though he is a werewolf."

Aspen's voice dripped with concern, "Why? I mean, other than being raised as a hunter."

"My father killed his mom, kidnapped him, and injected him with some sort of DNA altering serum when he was little," I sighed. "He mostly just hate's my dad. I can see it in his eyes, feel it in his soul." I stood up slowly, trying not to wake up Jacob.

"Wow. I never took Dad to be so evil," Aspen stated.

"He isn't evil!" I shouted, Jacob jumped but fell back asleep. "He had his reasons." I gently lied him in the playpen. "Sorry I yelled."

He held up his hands in surrender. "It's fine. I didn't know that you two were so close. I was never that way with him. There were points in time where I doubted his love for me as his son."

Sophia walked into the room. "She's sleeping," she whispered, lying her down in her playpen. "Maybe we should talk out there."

"Okay," I said. Aspen followed me out of the room. "So why did you doubt his love?" I prodded.

"I know this sounds stupid but he just never let me be a teenager. I wanted to go to big parties and be stupid like human teenagers. I even wanted a girlfriend! Stupid, right?" He laughed.