Chapter 5

Myra's P.O.V.

My breath was caught in my throat. My mind was screaming run, but my body just wouldn't budge.  "Where are the others?" I squeaked. They often traveled in groups.

He bit his bottom lip. "Others? They don't even know that I'm gone yet! And boy! They'll kill me when they find me. Please leave. I don't want them to hurt you!" He panicked. He was very alert and seemed terrified. But hunters don't have feelings.

I was perplexed at how I could be mated to one of them. "I will leave."

He noticeably relaxed his shoulders, smiling slightly.

"But only if you tell me why you are running and how we can be mated."

 His smile fell. He grew angry with me very quickly. "I don't want to tell you! It isn't any of your business!"

I glared at him. My wolf had more control over me now. "You are my mate and you will do as I say!" My voice boomed with her words. I grabbed him by his soft, sandy hair and threw him to the ground.

He cowered. "Okay. I'll tell you!" He was afraid of me and that bothered my wolf. "My name is Damen. My parents are both full hunters, but I'm not. You see, when I was a young child, maybe six, a wolf captured me. He tortured me and eventually poisoned me. The poison messed with my genes and I was turned part wolf. Feelings rushed into me and when last night came along, my wolf came out. I didn't think that I'd have a mate, though."

I stared at him in awe. "I'm an Alphas daughter. I'm expected to have the perfect mate. They'll love you like I already do. You'll belong, Damen!" I was ready to shift again. I wanted to take him home to my parents. I wanted to mate and have children as soon as possible but he would need to meet my parents eventually.

I hugged him with my bare body and backed away to shift all the while, feeling the sparks of my new loves skin.

My bones crackled as I started to shift. The pain was still bad but bearable. I collapsed to the ground again as did Damen.

He gasped, "I feel your pain! Why do I-? And I thought my shift was bad!"

The pain started to dull as my transformation completed. I started to move around to readjust and I realized that I was shorter than before. I was looking up at Damen while I was standing on all fours. Wolves are supposed to be much bigger.

He looked confused. "But I saw your wolf. Your not a wolf, Myra! Your a fucking cat!"

I tried to speak, forgetting that he wouldn't understand and a meow escaped my lips. It startled me so badly that it caused me to shift back immediately and really quickly.

I knelt to the ground, trying to catch my breath, and looked up at him, pleadingly. "Damen," I whispered, "What am I going to do?"

I could tell by his pained expression that he didn't know. He didn't have experience with packs like me. I was afraid of rejection before, but now I'm more afraid of going home. "I'm an Alpha's daughter. I'm supposed to be perfect and a role model for my pack mates to look up to. Dad won't tolerate it! He'll hate me!" I screamed at him. He won't hate you. You are over reacting. After all, I'm still here! "Go away!" I yelled at my wolf.

Damen flinched back. He shifted quickly and took off running.

"Damen!" I yelled. "I didn't mean for you to go away. I meant my wolf!" I hurt him! I attempted to shift into my wolf, closing my eyes and concentrating on my wolf. Slowly, I felt my bones crack an move, and when I opened my eyes, I immediately saw the beak in front of my face, shining black. Your a bird. Why dont you just fly, Myra? It'll be fine! I shivered, thinking about my fear of heights.