Chapter 15

Myra's P.O.V.

I think I slept for three hours before the whines of hungry babies woke me up. Jacob was still sleeping but the daytime nurse assured that it was only because he was so small. This nurse was named Margret Hayward. She had only been working with babies and new mothers for a little over a year. Every nurse employed at our pack hospital was a werewolf from our pack or an allied pack that was nearby. No one was paid but it didn't matter because the Alpha always paid for any expenses. Ihad never met Margret so I figured that she was from an Allied pack. I didn't ask.

She helped me position the babies in the fashion that Nurse Mary had showed me. Damen tried to help, too, but there wasn't much he could do. He had helped change their diapers when they first woke up. The nurse and Mom showed him how. There was an obvious difference between the diaper that Damen had put on and the diaper that either my mother or the nurse put on, though they were both on securely. In school, we are taught how to change baby diapers since its mandatory for werewolves to take a family and health class at age fifteen until we get mated. Our school is year round.

Damen struggled with the adjustments of our lives and so did I but he wasn't prepared as well for this as I had been. Everytime one of the babies made the slightest sound, a look of anguish flashed in his eyes. It hurt him that he didn't know what to do when the babies were unhappy. I wasn't quite sure, either, but at least I knew what might be wrong.

He sat next to me on the hospital bed which was becoming more and more uncomfortable as I lied in it. He put his arm around my shoulder and burried his face in my hair. He rested a hand on Amelia's head and smiled. "This is all so surreal," He said. Mom and Dad left when I had woken up to give Damen and I some well needed alone time. He didn't like them being around anyway, though I knew that his trust for them was slowly building.

I gently nuzzled him and sighed, looking at the babies at my breasts. "They're just so tiny. I'm afraid that I'm going to break them," I whispered.

"I'm afraid of everything, Myra. We don't know if they'll grow up to be more hunter or more werewolf or more shifter. I just want them to live a normal life as werewolves," He stated. "And what if they don't like me?"

I laughed. "You are their father, Damen. Sheesh! Sometimes you are just so insecure!"

He frowned. "I know. I just- I don't know."

I nudged him with my shoulder. "You're going to be a great father. Now go get your baby mama some food."

He stood up. "What do you want?"

"Anything," I groaned. My stomach had been gnawing with hunger since the moment I woke up but my instincts took over and I had to take care of my babies. Jacob was starting to move around a bit and I knew that he'd be hungry and need a diaper change.

Five more minutes had passed and Harper had let go and had been burped. She lied on my shoulder and looked around with her big blue eyes. I hoped that they would change to look like Damen's eyes but I didn't really care. Either way, they were beautiful babies.

Damen walked in the room with a large tray. "The nurse gave me this stuff for you," He said pointing to a plate of scrumptious food. There was a big bowl of fruit and another with oatmeal. On a plate there was a massive amount of bacon, my favorite. He picked up a sandwich. "This, however, is mine!"

I'm okay with that, I thought. He set the food on the table next to me and took a bite into his sandwich. My mouth watered but my hands were completely full of baby. Amelia was about done. I could tell because she had slowed down and wasn't sucking as hard but I didn't want to rush her.