Chapter 19

Myra's P.O.V.

The days that passed weren't too bad. I couldnt sleep very well and the babies all fussed a lot. Harper started to babble and Jacob's eyes started turning. From the looks of our drive, we were heading north west. The weather didn't cooperate much. It snowed most days but it was never to bad to drive in.

This time in the car with Rick had made us friends, almost. He told me why he had helped us. Apparently his mate was a werewolf from my pack many years before. He became a good friend of my father's and Aspen, so when things got bad for them, he offered to help. The hunter community never found out about his mate. His mate died during the birth of their second child. He believes that the reason he survived the ordeal was due to his genetics. He was a full hunter and apparently, their bodies weren't physically affected by the loss of their mate. His first child is blended in with my pack, but he can't tell me who she is until I am officially Alpha.

----------

"Wake up!" Rick said as he shook me gently. "We're here."

I opened my eyes and looked out of the windshield. To my disbelief, a large two-story, off-white house stood. It had a balcony on the second floor and a beautiful garden on each side. "Wow," I said in awe. "Where's Aspen?" I asked.

"He's inside. They're all inside." He stepped out of the car. "Come on. We'll grab the babies, talk with them for a minute, and then we can all get the stuff out of the trunk." 

I opened my door and stepped out. "Can you get Jacob and Harper? They're on your side."

"Kay."

I leaned down and pulled out Amelia. Her seat was really heavy and she was awake so I pulled her out of her seat. She'd be hungry soon. I held her against my shoulder and glanced at Rick. He was holding a seat in each hand. "Got it?" I asked.

He smiled and nodded. "Come on. Let's not keep them waiting," He urged. 

We walked to the door and I lifted my hand up to knock, but paused hesitantly.

"Go on."

I knocked three times and in a matter of seconds, the door opened. A handsome young man answered the door. "Aspen?" I asked.

"Myra," He gasped. "I feel like I'm looking at an - uh - a female version of myself!"

I giggled. "Yeah. Same here." I laughed. "I mean-except- you're not female! You're male!" I giggled nervously.

"Well. Come in, come in!" He moved to the side. "I want you to meet my family!"

"Of course!" I moved inside quickly.

"Nice to see you again, Rick!" Aspen greeted.

"Yes! Very nice!"

The door closed behind us and Aspen gestured us towards the couch. "I'll go get Sophia and the kids." He trampled up the stair calling for them. 

Amelia squirmed and started to cry. I lifted my shirt, unhooked my bra and began to feed her.

I heard footsteps come down the stairs, followed by crying babies and a whining four-year-old. "Mommy! Please! Just one cookie!"

"No! You already had four!" She replied sternly. She turned the corner and smiled. "Myra!" She exclaimed, "Ive heard," she laughed, "Absolutely nothing about you!" She laughed lightly. Aspen came around the corner holding a twin one each shoulder.

"How old are they?" I asked. "They look to be at least one!"

"Actually, they are only ten months old! They were born kind of big!" Sophia said. She sat next to me on the couch. "What about your babies?"