Chapter 25

Myra's P.O.V.

"Damen," I gasped out loud, jumping to my feet. Aspen focused his eyes on me, assessing me. Damen, I responded. What's going on?

I have bad news, Myra, He said.

I held my breath. What happened?

I they needed my help, our pack. Sam is badly injured, but he should live. He didn't continue.

I'm relieved to hear he's okay.

But your mom... she's not. She's... dead.

I frowned. I knew that one of them had died but I didn't want to believe it. I slowly sat back down to the floor. No. It can't be. I was in denial. I would deny it til the end of time if I could.

I'm sorry. Damens soothing voice broke through me.

I put my head in my hands and willed tears out of my eyes. They wouldn't come. I wanted to cry but my body wouldn't let me. I had cried my eyes dry.

"Myra? What is it?" Aspen asked.

"Mom," My voice cracked. I started to hit myself hard on my forehead. "Why!" Hit. "Can't!" Hit. "I!" Hit. "Cry!" Aspen grabbed my hands before I could deliver the next blow to my forehead. His green eyes bore into mine, a sea of emotion shining through.

"Stop, Myra," He demanded softly. He pulled me into a strong hug. I instinctively wrapped my arms around him. Tearless sobs racked through my body in waves. He comforted and rubbed my back like I had done to Evan earlier. 

I slowly calmed down and pushed him away. I looked at my hands sadly.

Damen spoke again. You can come back home in a week. Bring the rest of the family as well. Start packing. Tell them that furniture will not be neccesary. They only need to bring clothes, sheets, and maybe a few keepsakes. Bring everything that their kids need other than furniture. Sam had me contact Rick and tell him to rent a minivan and a U-Haul trailer. He should have arrived by now.

I smiled sadly. Okay, Damen. And yes he is here. He is upstairs with Sophia and the babies. 

I love you, Myra. And your father is doing better too.

My chest constricted. Damen, mates die with each other. He doesn't have more than a couple of days left.

Your father is different. Please, have a little faith. He pleaded.

I'll try.

~~~~~

Sophia and Rick plopped down the stairs holding the children carefully.

Rick laughed. "By the look on your face, I'm sure Damen told you everything!"

I didn't smile at his comment. I was not happy and he acted like he was trying to make a joke out of my pain. "Yeah," I said. "Now, we need to pack up neccesities and everything for the children other than furniture. We need to be done by tomorrow night because the drive back is going to be far." I paused. "Clothes, sheets, hygeine products and only a few keepsakes can come with us." I swallowed back my sadness because we needed to get this done. "I have an idea on how to get this done faster, too. I will pack up my stuff and my triplets stuff. Evan and Aspen with take care of the twins stuff and Evan's stuff. Sophia, you take care of your guys room. And Rick, just pack up the bathrooms." I sighed with exasperation. 

They all nodded slowly in agreement. Evan rubbed his eyes. "Can I go to sleep? I'm tired."

"Go ahead," Sophia answered. "I'll make dinner. My room shouldn't take that long."