Chapter 9

Myra's P.O.V.

I woke up sweating.

Myra? Myra, are you there? Myra! I heard a familiar voice. It was panicky.

Dad? I sent back. Is something wrong?

I awaited a response. I got out of bed and walked over to the mini-fridge. Feeling better, I heated up some water in a cup to make hot chocolate. Myra! Damen and I are enemies! Enemies! I'm the Alpha that kidnapped him! I tortured him! I gasped, falling back to the floor. "Ouch!" I shrieked. Damen shot up in the bed.

"Myra!" He shot up and ran over to me. "Are you okay? How are you feeling?" He touched my chin lifting it so that we were looking at each other. My vision was blurry with tears. "Hey. Are you alright?" His voice was dripping with concern.

I wrapped my arms around him while starting to cry hysterically.

He tensed. "Myra?" His heart beat quickened.

Dad! What do you want me to do?

Tell him about it. Just please! Convince him that I won't do anything... because- because I can't hurt you- my daughter.

Okay. I'll try. I blocked the mind link. "Damen?" I wiped my face. "I have to tell you something, but promise me that you won't freak out." I continued to hold on to him, though I was shaking with fear.

He nodded slowly. "I promise."

I took in a deep breath. "It's about my pack-er- my dad, actually."

He stared at me with confusion written all over his face.

"He- he- he-" I stuttered, feeling tears fill my eyes again. I whispered, "I didn't know."

Damen sighed. "Didn't know what, Myra? Spit it out!"

I made eye contact with Damen and breathed out. "My d-dad," I paused, "He's the Alpha that- that."

Damen grew frustrated. "That what!" 

I shook violently. "He's the one that kidnapped and t-tortured you," I said quietly. "He m-mind linked me and told me to try to- to convince you that he won't do anything to you."

Damen froze and pushed me back. "No way! You! This was all some kind of scheme, wasn't it!" He yelled.

My heart sped up and I scrambled backwards. "No! Damen, I love you! I would never! I didn't know!" My face was heating up with anger and hurt. I whined. "Please believe me!"

His hands were balled into fists and he clenched them so hard, that his knuckles turned white. Tears crawled down my face steadily now. His face was filled with utter rage but his eyes shone with love and sadness, emotions that most Hunters are not capable of. I closed my eyes and leaned forward so that I was laying with my tummy to the floor. I have only known Damen for about a week, about ten days, actually. Our love for   ran deeper than any mortal couples had and it wouldn't be easy for him to walk away from it. It would be even harder for me since I was carrying his child. 

I stood up slowly, my back against the wall. I took a few steps toward Damen. "I promise," I whispered. "I promise that I didn't know about this whole ordeal. And I promise that my dad wouldn't do anything to hurt you." I stepped closer to him. He was now within arms reach.

Damen spoke through gritted teeth. "How would you know?"

"My dad wouldn't hurt you because doing so would kill me." I looked away, fearful of what I might see in Damen's eyes. I was completely vulnerable and no body but him to protect me. If he lashed out on me, I could be dead in a heartbeat. He stayed silent for several minutes, while I tried to slow my breathing to a normal pace.